DruidCraft Study Group - King of Swords

WolfSpirit

Yes, King Arthur was sometimes called the Boar of Cornwall.
On the boar card in the DAO there is also a helmet in the foreground with a boar on top, made after this boar that was found in Wales.
(I don't have a scanner to scan the actual card)

And yes, the king of swords made me think of Elrond too when I first saw the card.

TomTom

King of Swords

Hi you all, can I pitch in too? :)

For me swords are of the east and there the sun is rising; therefore it indicates to me a dawning or beginning of a new thought process - new morning - new day - new fresh thinking.
The king, with his intense blue eyes, seems to me surprised about the thought that just came up in his mind and his brain is on overload.
When I cover half his face, I can see two very different facial expressions as compared to his whole face. I find the right side very cold and harsh. The left I find smiling and friendly, even feminin.
I think that, when he is provoked, angered or feels opposition, he easily can be mentally cruel and heartless and that he has no quarrels to step over dead bodies.Swords belong to warriors and when the King of Swords has to execute his power, that's what he is using, be it physically or mentally

I found in "Animals Devine" that the boar is an emblem of divine power and strength for the fearless warrior goddess Freya. I would never have suspected a boar to be of such importance by several cultures.

Two Ravens

star-lover

favour

has anyone got a picture of the king of swords in this deck, would love to see it

thanks in advance
x

edit
in fact i will go hunt it down in google and put the link on

found him

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2001/zwaardenkoning1pt.jpg

was elrond arwen's father? i was thinking of haldir - love that whole aura of that elf

http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/haldir/haldirtoppic.jpg

but he's more a mix of air and water

now i see the elrond connection better

http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/elrond/elrondtoppic.jpg

Sulis

Star-lover there is a link in the first post of this thread.

Love Sulis xx

star-lover

duh - i didnt see it
thanks sulis

ive been reading these forum for the last 8 hours or so my eyes had gone bit bleary LOL - starting to get stuck into it now - mountains and mountains of stuff to read and learn

i'm sure tarot creates all sorts of new brain pathways - and coupled with us reading about other peoples thoughts kinda makes it all into a borg pmsl.....

x

chrisam-crystals

i have just drawn this card as signifying myself at this moment in time, and the way that i see him is being akin to king solomon - approachable by all, fair in his judgement and a giver of sound advice.

sooooo not me! lol

well.....maybe a little bit. ;)

jue xx

diamond

Actor on Eureka like King of Swords

When I first saw this card, the king physically reminded me of Ed Quinn II the actor who plays on the TV series Eureka as Nathan Stark and has acted on CSI:NY in the role of Frankie Mala (I haven't seen that performance). Take a look at Quinn's picture and filmography by following this link to the Internet Movie Database:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0703831/

Let me know, if you see the physical resemblance. I held the card up to the screen and if you disregard the receding hairline and shorten the hair of the King of Swords, they could be twins or at least brothers. Both have dark hair and a lean face with piercing blue eyes. Such eyes say, "Don't mess with me! I know EXACTLY what I'm doing."

The King of Swords' eyes dominate this card. They say worlds about his character and the way he rules his kingdom. He reminds me of the Nathan Stark character in other ways too.

Stark is brilliant and a leader of many people working in the unique (highly intellectual) and remote town of Eureka. His mind is sharp, always active, curious, and skilled at seeing ultimate possibilities. Surely this King has those same qualities. They seem to exude from his very skin.

I agree with the earlier study group member who observed that this King of Swords would be a formidable chess player. Absolutely!

Fallen Angel

late for class as usual ;)

This guy is definitely a thinker, and it looks like his thoughts are of serious matters. His decision must be one that not only effects him, but those around him, which is maybe why he is considering what move to make very carefully.

His sword looks ready for swift action, as Sulis pointed out not held unright but in a confident position. As soon as his decision is made there will be movement/action and he will be confident that it is the right action to take.

I feel an earthy connection (the wooden throne, rocks as the foundation). His thoughts are not unfounded ie. he is not over exaggerating or blowing things out of proportion.

.x.

TomTom

Hi Sulis.

Don't laugh, but when I see this card just now in my mind, I think that the King must be very similar to Mr. Spock from Startrek. Strong, logical, very dry and saying it as it is, void of emotions, and honest to the bone. He doesn't need a sword to fight. He can strike us down with his logic which leaves no room for arguments.
You know what I mean? :>)

TomTom

TomTom

Sorry, Sulis. I forgot to go to the "LAST" post

TomTom