Druidcraft SG : The Chariot

inanna_tarot

What a powerful card! I can almost smell the blood of the battlefield and the distant war cries of the warriors all running and following this chariot into battle.

There is so much control here. The charioteer control her horses with the slightly flick of her wrist she can direct them. She is so strong that she can control these two wild horses with only one arm.
Her other holds what could be a spear, but I'd like to think she carries the flag, the symbol for her tribe, for her cause and to smash it into the face of her enemies. Her torc and jewellry show that she is the tribal leader, but they are just for show. Look into her eyes and you can see she is the representative of many, she has been chosen by her people, her land and her gods - a good reason to be righteous!

This warrior woman has had enough. People have oppressed her, and she has repressed so much to try and meet her enemies in the middle. But now is the time to hold and control her rage, to act carefully and purposefully into the middle of the battle.

I love the little flecks of black and white on the horses, a little reminder of how interdependent opposities are. I think of other Chariots like the Sacred Circle and they pale into the background now. This woman exists because her enemies exist, and she WILL prevail.

I love this Chariot, makes the Thoth Chariot look like, well, a girl lol.

What do you think?

Sezo
x

brenmck

inanna_tarot said:
This warrior woman has had enough. People have oppressed her, and she has repressed so much to try and meet her enemies in the middle. But now is the time to hold and control her rage, to act carefully and purposefully into the middle of the battle.
Somehow in the energy field that has been my daily life of recent days (not complaining!) I missed your thread. I love this deck and glad to see a study group for it.

I like everything you said. However, rather than rage or combat I see (meditating in this frame of mind at the moment) a very powerful ally coming to assist someone in the adventure of life. She has such a joyful and confident expression, as if she had been waiting for summons - all "chomping at the bit" to get fully involved. Waiting for one to be ready for her high level of guidance, energy (this card is all energy). That sun-gold aura sets this notion off so well. The horses also suggest to me that opposites have been integrated and are at last working together rather than at odds with each other. The expression on the charioteer is terrific - as one who knows she's invincible once she joins the fray, activity, challenge, pursuit. One of the best cards in the deck, and there are a lot of "best cards."

As evident in our different takes, this card adapts well to our states, transparent with differing casts of interpretation. And I note your observation of her driving with one arm - this is a strong character. Get out of her way and let her conquer.

~B~

WalesWoman

This would be a not so good card to draw if you're in not so great financial shape and are going out shopping.... Char-r-r-r-ge It! Let nothing or no one stand in the way!

I see a lot of maturity in this card, not brash youth rushing in where fools would fear to. She knows why she is there, knows the odds and uses her past experience to plan ahead, make decisions and set herself apart with her leadership abilities. She would be the head of the vangaurd, the point and beacon for everyone else to follow. So she would have to command respect and trust from those who follow and for that she would have to have confidence in her reason, balancing her fears of what the consequences of her decisions will bring if she miscalculates or fails to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of her army and that of her foes. To be confident like this one has to have self belief that she will succeed despite any weaknesses. That she has much more to gain by charging into battle than playing it safe.

Mystic Leo

WalesWoman said:
This would be a not so good card to draw if you're in not so great financial shape and are going out shopping.... Char-r-r-r-ge It! .

No No WalesWoman, there'll be no shopping today when this card shows up, she has total control! :joke:

I like what you all have to say here....symbolically the spear means she is showing her will and power in the situation. She does seem to be so at ease and in total control.

Arania

Has anyone else noticed what seems to be a small Wheel of Fortune at the front of her cart?

coyoteblack

78 weeks chariot Druidcraft
Description: A large woman sits a top of a chariot with 2 different colored horses one mouth closed one mouth open. She has a blue tunic green cape checkered green and gold kilt. Her sword is in its sheath and she has a spear in her right hand. On the front of the chariot is a circle with brown, red, blue, and green in the shape of a spoke wheel.
The horses are white and black and they each have a little of each other’s colors in them. In the background is a cloudy sky and dust coming from the back of the chariot.

Impressions: well the first impression is get out of her way, the wheel with the 4 colors reminds me of the 4 seasons the blue and green reminds me of earth and water, she has the spear in a ready stance not trying to throw it and the sword is sheathed. All together she is ready for action but is not being aggressive. Also the horses with one mouth closed and one open remind me of when I lived in Japan we had dragons at the door one mouth closes one open, to keep bad spirits out and hold the good ones in.

Mode, number, element.
Mode asks the question: how would you get 2 separate entities working together as one? Even if they appear opposite?
Number: 7 the is the number of magic, 7 major chakras. 7 days of the week, 7 traditional planets.
Also challenges tests use of one’s skill.
Element: this is water usually dealing with emotions but in this case merging and flowing I think fit the card better.
Talking with the card: She did not run me over!! She does not force those 2 horses together she cajoles them and trying to get things to want to work together as one the ultimate team player not a bully.
Bringing it all together: This ends the first set of 7 where after discovering another we try and get 2 to work together. There is a challenge whenever you have 2 separate entities working together to form one team but with the emotions and flowing of water we can make this happen.
Good: victory goal achieved will power (not bulling) team work ‘ making it happen”
Bad: bully. Overbearing, forceful, “ get out of my way I am coming through’
Indifferent: team work getting what appears as opposites working as one.