Druidcraft Study Group: 7 (Seven) of Pentacles and Justice

GoddessArtemis

I've been getting this card combo a lot lately in my readings with this deck.

I have a hard time with the 7 of Pentalces in this deck, because it's so different from the traditional imagery, where the man is standing around and waiting, re-assessing the work he's put in, to see if he wants to do more or not.

In this deck, however, the man is pruning or cutting off some branches from the newly sprouting leaves (sorry, my gardening vocabulary is very limited!), which can only mean he's already reached some preliminary decisions as to what works or not. Or is he just testing out what it's like to cut a bit of the branches off?

When the Justice card comes up often as a clarifier for the 7 of Pentacles, it makes me think they're similar in some ways.

The man in the 7 of Pentacles is cutting off something he may consider unnecessary, or too much, or...well, who knows why he's doing it. But with Justice clarifying it, it seems to reinforce the idea of Justice weighing the situation and eventually cutting off/away one of the options.

Does this make sense?

Any other thoughts on the similarities between these cards and what they might mean in combination with one another?

GA

Mi-Shell

Hi there GA! Welcome to this little study group!
We have made several observations about the 7 of Pentacles and I incidentaly explained there what the Druid is doing there.Check it out! and the Justice.... Here we have anothe Druid! The famous Brigh with her "fetch" the owl sitting above an entrance to the Otherworld....
So you have the chosen one to harvest the "Golden Bow bevore the Solstice and the Keeper of ancient Druidic law in your life!
What are thye telling you now?
Maybe with the wings of the fetch of Brigh you can journey into the discovery of druidism and all the old myth??
Mi-Shell

sapienza

I think of the seven of pentacles in this deck as being a clearing away of the old to make room for the new (as well as the more traditional meanings). And I always think of Justice as balance - that's just for me personally anyway - I think of Libra and the need for balance. Anyway, so I guess if I were to look at the two cards together I'd think of a situation where you need to clear away something or get rid of the old 'stuff' in order to regain a sense of balance in your life. Not sure if that makes any sense to you or not, but it's just what comes to mind for me. I think that balance is a real issue for me though because I can read it into almost any of the cards.

WalesWoman

Interesting... one thought I had about the mistletoe was that it is a parasite living off a host (even if it may be a holy, highly prized offering and something to be kissed under)

What these two cards seem to have in common is the discerning nature... what parts to cut out and what parts to leave in order to maintain a balance.

The druid doesn't cut out all the mistletoe and takes only what he needs, and Justice uses mercy... when cutting to the heart of the matter. So with both there is use of deliberation, decisiveness & conservative judgement, also of harvest... in a karmic sort of way too.