Queen of Pentacles as feelings

Major Tom

I apologise if my joke annoyed rather than amused.

One thing I learned from Mark McElroy at the UK Tarot Conference was the idea of Queens representing the receptive quality of their suits. Thus, if you associate Coins with Earth, and I do, it follows that the receptive quality of Coins is one of comfort - a physical comfort. The Queen of Coins would make sure you've got a soft cushion to sit on, a nice cup of tea, a meal to satisfy. If she's your lover, she'll follow that right through how you live your lives together.

Translating that comfort into how ex-boyfriends feel about you one can speculate from there. They may have found you easy to be around - even accomodating. Taken to an extreme, they could have felt you were too easy or too laid back. Conversely, as Thirteen suggests they could have found you demanding, high maintenance or even threatening. Queens can certainly be that. Their feelings will most likely fall somewhere in between the extremes.

The thing to be aware of is that no one is an archtype - their feelings about you will be more complex than a visceral response to the Queen of Coins. Only you can decide how that particular card applies to how people you know (or knew) feel about you.

caridwen

There was no offence taken, i've just been somewhat surprised that when it's a man's feelings, it seems to be the negative aspect of the Queen.

I can most certainly rule out the materialistic aspect of the Queen.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think it means that they felt, loyal, trusted, both nurtured and nurturing. That the relationship was grounded and 'safe' and they knew where they stood with me. That they felt sensual, sexy, loved and cared for and safe within the relationship. They they could talk to me about anything and I wouldn't judge, that they could share themselves totally with me and I would listen and empathise. That there was an atmosphere of trust, security and worth within the relationship. There also seems to be a sense of possession, the Fey hugs the coin to her.