DRUIDCRAFT the Hermit

coyoteblack

78 weeks Hermit Druidcraft

Description:
An old man stands on top of a hill facing out. He has a lamp that sheds no shadow , and he has a staff in his left hand the cowl covers most if his face. There is a wolf next to him.

It is night time and the clouds are green there is a river in the valley below. He is facing the same direction as the river.

First Impressions:

He is a wise old man; there is a saying “Knowledge is read about wisdom is lived” this fits him. He goes it alone with his trusty animal helper the wolf. He is facing in the same direction as the river and I think it means his emotions and intuition and he as a person are in line. It is night time but not dark and the lamp sheds no shadow. This tells me with wisdom you will never be “in the dark”

This seems like the fool has all grown up and decided not to jump off a cliff and this wolf will not let the man jump off he will guard and guide him as well.

Mode, Element, Number

Mode: He asks you are ready to trust your inner guide

Element: Earth this is fitting as he is grounded, even with the best gifts of luxury and health this will not be attainable without some help along the road, and without some kind of spiritual guidance it probably won’t be as enjoyable.

Number : 9’s are the end of a cycle we have developed self learned about rules and now we learn to trust that inner voice and also to become ready so the teacher can appear.

Talking with the card:
I asked him what the green sky was about. He said it was partially green to remind us it is not just in the 1st level of reality that the guide walks sometimes it is in the dream realm.

The wolf is there to show us what a guide is. As we need the hermit the hermit needs the wolf.

Bringing it all together:
He has his guide the wolf and we have him as a guide. He has discipline to walk a solitary path he understands the world around him. not really understanding the green clouds but I am sure it will come to me one of these days. Him and his emotions and intuition are flowing together.

Good: a guild will appear to help out or I need to follow an inner guide
Bad: loner a me against the world attitude anti social
Indifferent: when the student is ready the teacher will appear fits this well

Bat Chicken

Excellent breakdown, coyoteblack! Thanks for sharing....:)

coyoteblack

Thanks BatChicken

for my 78 weeks study group I am useing the DC I figure I can post my stuff here.

I kept feeling I missed some thing with this card but I am not sure what I missed.

Disa

I always feel the hermit is a wise man that, while he may live in seclusion, he is one that others seek out for advice. I know he is all about introspection, but I get the feeling he shines his light for others to follow. He will share the knowledge he has gained, if anyone is wise enough to listen.

coyoteblack

it seems the Hermit and the Highpriestess have a lot in common. The answers are in side meditation, introspection and such. that and figureing out where the 9 fits in wth this card are still killing me.

Sulis

coyoteblack said:
it seems the Hermit and the Highpriestess have a lot in common. The answers are in side meditation, introspection and such. that and figureing out where the 9 fits in wth this card are still killing me.

Nine and The Hermit
The Hermit is a wise old man. He is a loner and is both a seeker and a guide to others who stray into his wilderness. He is an archetype that is prevalent the world over.

The number nine comes right at the end of the single numbers so it signifies completion.
Nine signifies a time when we look at how we got to where we are and we also look forward to the future and the next cycle.
Nines are a time of assessment, of looking within and this is where I see them relating to The Hermit.
The Hermit is old and wise, he is almost at the end of his life. He looks within but he also shines his light towards the future for others to follow.
Nines represent the wisdom that comes with age and experience.

Does that help a bit?

coyoteblack

Sulis said:
Nine and The Hermit
The Hermit is a wise old man. He is a loner and is both a seeker and a guide >Does that help a bit?<

very much so! i guess I was close with what i thought of the 9's thanks a lot