The Tower

coyoteblack

Hello All !

As scary as this card is , it can also be a harbinger of good times , we just have to wait for it.

This card relates to the chariot , they are both 7's. It is like the chariot is controlling the horses and people are yelling at her/him to stop and he runs them off the road!

Also the couple from the lovers and Cernunnos wind up here atop a tower getting intimately acquainted with gravity and the hard truths it shows you.

I am thinking they were warned by Cernunnos that they were going to far and they decided to get up and go( running from the higher power and going towards self ego). and they faced the consequences.

I see smoke on top of this card but it is not coming from the tower per say I think it originated in the grove.

coyoteblack

Seeing as this card relates to the 7's does it make it more spiritual?

As in it is not about me realizing a job is not good for me any more so I lost the job. It is more about me placing to much importance on work,and money and not enough on family or spirituality?

Sulis

It's the antithesis of The Chariot... The Chariot is all about exerting your will and controlling your own life or a certain situation but in The Tower the control has been completely taken away from you.
You're losing control as The Tower comes crashing down.

coyoteblack

Sulis said:
It's the antithesis of The Chariot... The Chariot is all about exerting your will and controlling your own life or a certain situation but in The Tower the control has been completely taken away from you.
You're losing control as The Tower comes crashing down.

Ahh so she let go of the reins and wound up knocking the tower down?
thanks Sulis!

This card also relates to recovery programs, in my case AA.This cards is the rock bottom we hit before we surrender and wind up in recovery.

In my case I went from a well paying job to homeless. The the star happened and I found hope now I am buying a house next month and have 5 years sober. But I would never have done any of this without the tower situation.

coyoteblack

This card basic quality seems to be hitting a rock bottom in one form or another . Hopefully we will learn and become better for it. But if we dont learn we will be stuck in a perpetual tower situation.

Or just to use basic phrase " we need to learn to grip the friends of our will again"

lark

I've been thinking about this card for a while now...I think it is trying to teach me a new meaning.
At least a more everyday meaning.
Many times now it has come up in the "unexpected " position of my daily spread....and everytime my day has been interupted by unexpected visits and phone calls....it's becoming a communication Tower for me.
People suddenly making contact and communicating surprising and sometimes sad or disturbing things.
And then my mind is derailed into thinking about these things for the rest of the day.

coyoteblack

78 weeks Tower Druidcraft

Element and Number:

Fire: Fire through wands deals with will power. I believe exercising my will over something is good to a point. But if we use our will power to much we build a ego and false since that we can control everything.

Number 7: 7 is the number of the chariot and that card is all about will power but the number 7 is also a spiritual number. At some point we have to decide that the higher power has at least some say over matters “let go and let god” 7 is also about challenges when we don’t have control over something and this card is definitely about loosing control

Meditating on the card

I walked into the picture and saw Cernunnos back in the glade and he was sad that the couple did not listen but glad that they will learn from it. The path going the other direction has the hanged man I think, the image was fuzzy. I went back again and it was the hanged man he said “the thing with the tower is people build artificial strictures around them selves blocking out spiritual energy.” The water the 2 fell into will heal them instead of drowning them.

Putting it all together:

With the challenges of the 7’s as well as the spirituality of said number adding this to will power of fire we can see this will be interesting. Now figure it is in the middle of the tower and the devil and we can see the upheaval of a change it can cause. I think the best way I have of looking at this card is: with out hitting rock bottom the alcoholic will not be able to start recovery. The water on the bottom and the oaks in the back round all tell me there will be healing and this card is a pretty deep card.
The good the bad and the indifferent:

The Good: well not much while this card is happening but the good part is after wards the healing, growing, recovery can begin

The Bad: lots we are talking upheaval enough to change core believes and crack the ego enough to let the light in. this is not getting fired from a job this is realizing that depending on money for happiness is not the way to go.

Indifferent: Take the blinders off and look both ways we are about to take the road less traveled.