Art Nouveau Oracle - Antonella Castelli (LS)

Le Fanu

I was wondering the same thing. I think the main difference is the size. According to Llewellyn website, the old edition (entitled Art Nouveau Oracle) is 3 x 4 x 1 inches while the new edition (entitled Art Nouveau Lenormand Oracle) is 4 x 5 x 1 inches (the same size as her Astrological Oracle).
Thank you! At last, a reply! I wondered whether that was the difference. I have her Astrological Oracle. (can't really use it) but I wondered whether this Lenormand was being resized so as to be the same size as that larger Lenormand Oracle which is a bigger version of the Dondorf.

Grand Tableaus will be HUGE!

Village Witch

I think the main difference is the size. According to Llewellyn website, the old edition (entitled Art Nouveau Oracle) is 3 x 4 x 1 inches while the new edition (entitled Art Nouveau Lenormand Oracle) is 4 x 5 x 1 inches (the same size as her Astrological Oracle).

If you look on Amazon, you will find decks ranging from...

4 x 5.5"

2.8 x 4.5"

3.1 x 5"

I own the 3.1 x 5" which makes shuffling a bit uncomfortable with such long cards.

Mirra

If you look on Amazon, you will find decks ranging from...

4 x 5.5"

2.8 x 4.5"

3.1 x 5"

I own the 3.1 x 5" which makes shuffling a bit uncomfortable with such long cards.

How confusing! Do you own the new edition? Is there any difference besides the size?

Grand Tableaus will be HUGE!

Exactly! Better get the old one before it's out of print :)

Village Witch

How confusing! Do you own the new edition? Is there any difference besides the size?)

I have no clue which edition I own. All I know is that my deck is the 3.1 x 5" deck and came out in February 8, 2008 according to Amazon where I purchased it.

Le Fanu

I found this new version at my local shop and bought it. Yes it's big. Like the Astrological Oracle or that larger Lenormand (Dondorf) Oracle.

Funny this trend for LoS to do large Lenormands when everyone wants them small.

But I like this version. So clear and bold. Three or nine card spreads only, I fear but I like its flowery prettiness. The art is lovely and this edition really magnifies that. A Grand Tableau is really out of the question though.

Lunaea

Anyone have any idea what the difference is between the old and new edition of this deck? A new edition was published this August and it has been a while in the pipeline. I'm curious as to what the differences might be.

It has a new LWB. :)