What empress and five of swords have in common?

Butterfly1

I don't doubt your word on this, but when you tell us a story about a sitter who refuses to accept what a reading tells her three times in a row...that does give us the impression of "I want what I want now, now, now."

Why do you think this usually very understanding person made you do the reading over and over again, fighting against that Empress card? Especially when that card essentially is telling her, only and simply, that she will be restored to her *true* self (or the participants in the relationship will become their best selves) in the near future? She sounds, from your description as someone who would accept that as a positive step, and not demand more. The near future card is not, after all, the outcome. It's just what's going to be tomorrow, or next week. The future that leads to the outcome.

Oh, you are right.. She is definitely not herself what would just reinforce interpretation of her being restored to her true self, rather than a positive step in the 'relationship'. But it could also be my fault as I indicated that i am not sure, what has, in combination with very positive cards raised her hopes :(. In which case i guess is natural to ask to give it another try hoping it will be more clear, but I ended up with same cards which could possibly be clear if i was more experienced. Lesson learned - not play with friends if the topic is even remotely important to them!!

But you did come up with an explanation that totally makes sense in her case (for 5s) :)
In addition i learned that 5s also stands for standing up for yourself and overcoming personal challenges which is a common theme in both (although the empress is already there). Always happy to learn new things :)

Isobel Gaudie

Hi :)

that is an interesting take. Do you really see the empress as demanding and domineering - shouldn't she be the complete opposite? I never though of her that way... (but I am also not a pro :))

Sorry for not getting back any sooner. My mind was distracted.
No, the demanding and dominating side is just a part of it. Just think of nature. It has its demands, if one does not respond to its urges there will be a tribute. Think of getting your period while out and no sanitary products at hand. What a mess! Or pregnancy...
PMS or acid rain would be its reverse meaning. ;)

I often got the empress as daily card for shopping sprees or if in need of selfcare.