TOADies Anonymous.

CharlotteK

Made some impulse purchases recently and have been really stung with customs and import charges to UK. So I am making a public declaration and commitment that "I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER DECK FOR THREE MONTHS". You can hold me to that!

Alta

So I am making a public declaration and commitment that "I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER DECK FOR THREE MONTHS". You can hold me to that!
I read somewhere and it makes sense: if you make a declaration like that you have to add a self imposed penalty. i.e. if you do buy a deck within 3 months then you will have to give something up or the like. Apparently that is effective if the penalty is stringent enough.

mercuryempress

Made some impulse purchases recently and have been really stung with customs and import charges to UK. So I am making a public declaration and commitment that "I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER DECK FOR THREE MONTHS". You can hold me to that!

I'm done too I just purchased a deck with missing cards :(

it only took me 20 decks in for the year so far to get to this

I'm getting a refund but its left a taste in my mouth ..its has turned me off from buying hopefully for a while

Booklioness

Well, I'm still sewing by hand... two more bags to go. Resisting looking for now!

G6

How did that happen? Is it because the declared value was over a certain amount?

CharlotteK

How did that happen? Is it because the declared value was over a certain amount?
I can't quite work out the difference between customs duty and Import VAT but it's based on the value of item. Parcelforce are really sneaky, they've added a chunky 'clearance fee'. It really sucks. With shipping it's not far off the cost of the deck. It's a deck I really want so no regrets, but definitely got me backing away from the PayPal button!! 😂😔

Booklioness

Please forgive my ignorance... do you in UK have Amazon Prime available? Or is it just for the spoiled US?

CharlotteK

Please forgive my ignorance... do you in UK have Amazon Prime available? Or is it just for the spoiled US?
Yes we have Amazon Prime. And I do make full use of it :) Buying self-published indie decks directly from US based creators is a pretty runious hobby, but seems to be where most of the interesting, innovative and quality decks are coming from!

csmith0406

I also need a break from buying, my little "birthday money" spree MAY have gone over the actual amount of birthday money I had, just possibly, by a considerable amount. Three months sounds like a good time period for a moratorium on new purchases.

CharlotteK

Just until the end of June... No problem. We can do it! 🙂