Devil & king of Swords (love)

Altamira

Over the course of some months I have been doing readings (maybe 3 or 4) regarding a certain person (love interest) and the Devil card always features usually at the centre of the celtic cross (number 1) or is just there even if it does not get on the spread is the card I see on my deck when I put the cards back together. It is like this person is linked to the Devil card. I find it interesting as this card has never appeared in any of my other readings ever. I am not sure how to think about it. Is he a bad person? Is it just a very physical card? Should I stay away from him? Is it a bad avenue? Other cards that come along are the moon (2-3 times in various positions) or the seven of swords. So it looks very dodgy but then in real life it does not look or instinctively feel like it at all.

The second card that has come three times now in the future position when I read about him is the King of Swords. He has an extreme intellect power himself, he is way beyond the average human IQ. So it would make sense that this is him, but then does it have any secondary meaning in the future position of a love related reading (not always the same question) or is it just him featuring?

Knowing how his brain/mind is on a different length from mine it kind of scares/intimidates me slightly. Is this maybe a connection to the devil card?

I am sorry I don't provide much of my interpretation: I am really uncertain here but getting these cards again and again I thought it is worth asking.

feminine_mystique

Over the course of some months I have been doing readings (maybe 3 or 4) regarding a certain person (love interest) and the Devil card always features usually at the centre of the celtic cross (number 1) or is just there even if it does not get on the spread is the card I see on my deck when I put the cards back together. It is like this person is linked to the Devil card. I find it interesting as this card has never appeared in any of my other readings ever. I am not sure how to think about it. Is he a bad person? Is it just a very physical card? Should I stay away from him? Is it a bad avenue? Other cards that come along are the moon (twice) or the seven of swords. So it looks very dodgy but then in real life it does not look or instinctively feel like it at all.

The second card that has come three times now in the future position when I read about him is the King of Swords. He has an extreme intellect power himself, he is way beyond the average human IQ. So it would make sense that this is him, but then does it have any secondary meaning in the future position of a love related reading (not always the same question) or is it just him featuring?

Knowing how his brain/mind is on a different length from mine it kind of scares/intimidates me slightly. Is this maybe a connection to the devil card?

I am sorry I don't provide much of my interpretation: I am really uncertain here but getting these cards again and again I thought it is worth asking.
I sense that there are a lot A LOT of hidden things about him. I fear he might inhibit some kind of addiction with the devil being present as well as the moons and the 7 of swords.

The king of swords as well is a very sketchy type of court card along with these other ones. I feel he may use his intellect to get by however with this card it tells me he's more of a I deal with my head and not with my heart kind of guy.

I would be careful with this type of guy. I am sensing an abused kind of feeling, whether he has endured it or he does it but thats what I am feeling, I am also sensing a bit of a mental disability echoing what I said before. I also get a sense of control along with this. Do you know much about him? How long have you met him?

Altamira

I sense that there are a lot A LOT of hidden things about him. I fear he might inhibit some kind of addiction with the devil being present as well as the moons and the 7 of swords.

The king of swords as well is a very sketchy type of court card along with these other ones. I feel he may use his intellect to get by however with this card it tells me he's more of a I deal with my head and not with my heart kind of guy.

I would be careful with this type of guy. I am sensing an abused kind of feeling, whether he has endured it or he does it but thats what I am feeling, I am also sensing a bit of a mental disability echoing what I said before. I also get a sense of control along with this. Do you know much about him? How long have you met him?

Thank you very much for your insights. I really appreciate it. I don't know much because he has has a very reserved way to express interest although he does boldly when he does and he has been keeping himself distant so I have seen him only a couple of times. However, the first time was a bit intense I felt he opened about himself quite a bit which I think is not his usual thing and all i know of him makes me feel he is a genuinely good person. However, I can imagine the hidden parts that you picked on. He is not the type of guy with one dimension, he must have many stories. I also had a sense that maybe there is some substance abuse going on but not sure. It feels better though to know that you associate devil with what is going on for him rather than him potentially intentioanally harming me.

@rtemouri

What do you know about him?with the devil the moon and the 7 of swords i would think that this person is involved with someone else.So he might be attracted to you but there is someone else too.with the moon this might be the hidden thing you dont know (yet!)the 7 of swords might indicate the same.just a thought ;)

headincloud

I don't know what the cards are pointing at without the rest of the spread but I'd be cautious until I worked it out.

IndigoWaves

A King of Swords might be so high-mindedly detached from his/her psychological dark side -- avoiding it, in effect -- that others are naturally drawn in to play that "shadow", unwittingly enacting the Devil's role... And the resulting chaos won't necessarily be directly encountered by the King, if he/she remains skillful at evasion. Another variation is the King of Swords who, under normal circumstances, safely resides within the mind until suppressed urges finally emerge -- washing over smugly-clung-to logic and making him/her behave in "crazy"/devilish, even outright destructive ways thought impossible before.

In any case, it does seem best to avoid sugar-coating the Devil, especially when other sketchy cards appear. Gathered from years of reading through related posts here on AT, there does seem to be a prevalence of:

1) "The sex was amazing but now he/she is obsessive/possessive/abusive/heavily into [insert addiction] and it's ruined my life. I wish that we'd never gotten involved!"

2) "He/she never gives me what I need, but my desire is still so strong that I can't stop thinking about him/her and it feels horrible. I wish that I'd never gotten involved!"

3) "This relationship's just starting out but I've been getting the Devil card. Is it a warning not to go further or is it *fingers crossed* just about hot sex?" ...And many of those threads eventually lead to others involving # 1) / # 2) scenarios, or the OP seemingly never posts again about anything else, which naturally raises suspicions/concern, warranted or not. Take care.

Altamira

Thank you very much @rtemouri, headincloud & IndigoWaves, for taking time to guide me.

Well it happened that tonight I found something about him.
We are these days about to meet doing something special together and he looks very much into it and excited about it, yet, I was just told by a mutual acquaintance that just over the last couple of weeks (during which I mostly inquired with the cards about him) he met and has fallen in love big time with someone and that someone has no interest in him. He has been trying hard with her and she rejected him.
I thought that he was in emotionally detached mode but here he has appeared to be a pursuer.
And I am about to date someone who wants someone else.
That was news, but possibly not all that is hidden.

@rtemouri

Thank you very much @rtemouri, headincloud & IndigoWaves, for taking time to guide me.

Well it happened that tonight I found something about him.
We are these days about to meet doing something special together and he looks very much into it and excited about it, yet, I was just told by a mutual acquaintance that just over the last couple of weeks (during which I mostly inquired with the cards about him) he met and has fallen in love big time with someone and that someone has no interest in him. He has been trying hard with her and she rejected him.
I thought that he was in emotionally detached mode but here he has appeared to be a pursuer.
And I am about to date someone who wants someone else.
That was news, but possibly not all that is hidden.
I'm sorry to hear that altamira..that was the hidden thing of the moon card.

Altamira

I'm sorry to hear that altamira..that was the hidden thing of the moon card.

Yes! You were so spot on! Exactly!
How accurate the cards are...
Thanks so much for your help.

@rtemouri

Yes! You were so spot on! Exactly!
How accurate the cards are...
Thanks so much for your help.
Well let's see the bright side!Now you have some more experience with these cards and their meanings.That's what is so great about practicing and posting your readings for discussion :)