Lenormand Readers ....Pet Peeves?

Amanda

Well, I'm glad you didn't say "What did I eat today?" and that yogurt and tortilla chips "floated up" (as well they might if eaten together) :)

Another twist on the "serial sitter" is the one who doesn't understand or appreciate (or WANT to, for that matter) that the GT is a long-range outlook and you don't get or need one EVERY WEEK! I love doing them and I certainly need the practice, but c'mon, overkill or what!

:laugh: You're on a roll today with making me laugh.. :D

Admittedly, I am one of those people who do not appreciate the GT as much as I probably should (time is always my issue). So I don't do them - for myself or others. I would much rather have one done for me by someone else.

celticnoodle

<shakes GreatDane repeatedly, and waits to see an answer float up...> "Don't ask!" :joke:
:laugh:

Another twist on the "serial sitter" is the one who doesn't understand or appreciate (or WANT to, for that matter) that the GT is a long-range outlook and you don't get or need one EVERY WEEK! I love doing them and I certainly need the practice, but c'mon, overkill or what!

And yet, Rana George, I believe mentioned in her book that she does read her G.T. weekly. She is a professional Lenormand reader though, and darn good too from what I hear. Though I've never had the privilege of having one done by her. I do like doing the G.T. myself--but I'm a beginner and have a lot to learn. I guess I am enjoying the challenge. I haven't done many--but I've learned A LOT from the ones I have done. And, I certainly do NOT do one a week--yet. ;)

Barleywine

And yet, Rana George, I believe mentioned in her book that she does read her G.T. weekly. She is a professional Lenormand reader though, and darn good too from what I hear. Though I've never had the privilege of having one done by her. I do like doing the G.T. myself--but I'm a beginner and have a lot to learn. I guess I am enjoying the challenge. I haven't done many--but I've learned A LOT from the ones I have done. And, I certainly do NOT do one a week--yet. ;)

I've read a number of different writers (including Rana) and the impression I've gotten is that, as a rule for any specific querent, line spreads (5-card, 7-card) are more likely to be read on a frequent basis, 9-card squares less frequently and the GT least often of all. One writer even calls it "that old spread" and doesn't use it. I've had people approach me for another GT when their last one has barely made it out of the gate.

DownUnderNZer

I remember unintentionally (she commented later on after me) interacting with Rana George on FB a few months back on some Lenormand group thread and there was somethng she didn't know to do with the "Lily" card I think. What it came down to, I reckon, was just different schools of thought perhaps.

And...no one will ever have it down packed like Madam Lenormand.

But it did surprise me that she didn't know. :bugeyed:

Couldn't imagine doing a GT for myself every week, but kudos to her for wanting to do it.

Her book at least has bridged the gap for those that speak English.

greatdane

And you hit on another pet peeve for me, DownUnder

You mentioned different schools of thought, and that's how I feel about Lenormand.
IF there was only ONE system, one way, there wouldn't be so many different schools, books and videos.
So yes, it's those who believe in only the school THEY follow and like that can be the only way.
I believe if a reader gets, understands their system, if it works for them, their "system" is valid, whatever it is.

DownUnderNZer

Not a whole lot of varied systems I'd say though and there are only about 5 card differences between the French and German.

With one South American on that same FB thread he saw SNAKE as being sexual and was taught it to mean so. Not a lot of cards would have so many differences I'm sure.

Most should be able to read the same whether ANCHOR is work or FOX.

When you start saying something like SHIP is a "glass of champagne and celebration of sorts" then it just becomes another Oracle not Lenormand. :)

You mentioned different schools of thought, and that's how I feel about Lenormand.
IF there was only ONE system, one way, there wouldn't be so many different schools, books and videos.
So yes, it's those who believe in only the school THEY follow and like that can be the only way.
I believe if a reader gets, understands their system, if it works for them, their "system" is valid, whatever it is.

greatdane

:) DownUnderNZer!

WHAT??? A Ship ISN'T A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE?!

I have more than one possible meaning for most cards and I think most Lenormand readers can follow other readers even if they vary in some cards. But I really don't think there is one be all and end all OR all readers would get the very same interpretation and we know there are many good readers out there that if you gave them the same question and they drew the same cards, their meanings, while they may understand at how each arrived at their interpretation, would likely not be exact. So yes, that is a pet peeve of mine that some readers think there is NO variation, their way is the only way, their interpretation the only one. I think most readers are not quite so stringent or strident, but some are.

But I'm still back at the SHIP isn't CHAMPAGNE?! Well, that blew my plans :).

DownUnderNZer

I have seen the cards read the same way in a GT by 4 or 5 different readers. The vocabulary may have varied, but not the readings or essence.

Agreed though that some are too set in their methods and think one way is the only way.

Having said that - not a lot to play with with the meanings of each card. :)

WHAT??? A Ship ISN'T A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE?!

I have more than one possible meaning for most cards and I think most Lenormand readers can follow other readers even if they vary in some cards. But I really don't think there is one be all and end all OR all readers would get the very same interpretation and we know there are many good readers out there that if you gave them the same question and they drew the same cards, their meanings, while they may understand at how each arrived at their interpretation, would likely not be exact. So yes, that is a pet peeve of mine that some readers think there is NO variation, their way is the only way, their interpretation the only one. I think most readers are not quite so stringent or strident, but some are.

But I'm still back at the SHIP isn't CHAMPAGNE?! Well, that blew my plans :).

greatdane

Very true, DownUnderNZer

That's what I love about Lenormand. A Fox. A Snake. I love the simplicity and the limited meanings. But I do like the Ship and Champagne :)))

DownUnderNZer

Lol... :D

Give that one to you then, but only if you are going on a trip whether it be short or long.

Who wouldn't unwind with a glass of something when in leisure mode.

That's what I love about Lenormand. A Fox. A Snake. I love the simplicity and the limited meanings. But I do like the Ship and Champagne :)))