Ideas and Thoughts Please

tabi

Okay so I started drawing a tarot deck just for my own personally use. I was wanting some feedback on how they look and if I should change anything with them.

I have only done the Fool and Magician, I am using a black felt tip pen for outlining and colored pencils for the coloring in the pictures. My idea is to show a "person" without really showing them. We all have a tendency to get blocked by looking at a certain image that we think of a person that we know instead of ourselves at times.

o Fool
The Fool's background is a pale blue unfortunately it doesn't show up well on the scanner.

1 Magician

blackadder

I like the fact you can't see the faces. I think this is a very good start to your deck. I would love to see the other cards as you finish them.

tabi

Thank you blackadder I am going to try to add more as I go but so far I have only gotten those two done. I have an idea of what I want the Priestess to be....I think my Virgo is showing since I am going in order...:confused:

job

You've created something that allows the viewer to participate by imagining a larger canvas. I find that very powerful and not unlike an animation cell.

I like the fool very much. But I don't like the inscription beneath it. Because it defines the boundaries and restricts the imagination.
e.g. Lots of famous people throughout history have been called 'fools'. Yes, people do fall flat on their faces but 'you have to speculate to accumulate'.
And this is the 0 card.

I think just 'fool' is enough. A fuller explanation could go in a booklet.

Just my 2p. :)

Sidhe-Ra

I like them! But if they're just for your own use, surely you just want to go with whatevers going to work for you, and not what other people think?

tabi

Being creative is one of those down sides of needing others peoples thoughts. They help make the creation a better thing because of it.

As to the bottom. It is mainly just key phrases that popped into my head when I was drawing the card. Things that seem to be speaking to me at the time that I was doing it. I am hoping this experience helps me understand more about tarot and myself. Choosing the what I do says lot about how and what I think on things.

Thank you for all of the praise. I am working on the HP now....:)

ana luisa

Your cards have a very unusual combination of sweetness and mistery. The colors are quite soft and remind me a bit of one of my favorite decks - Nature Speaks. On the other hand, not having the faces shown, as Blackadder mentioned earlier makes them enigmatic and invites the reader to "see" what´s missing with his mind. Great start! Looking forward to seeing the HP. (my favorite card, by far)

tabi

Well I finally got the HP done, I am not completely happy with the reserved meaning. It isn't exactly what I wanted so this one may change later down the road.

2 High Priestess

I finished the Empress just now so I thought I should go ahead an add her to the collection here. I have to say she come out a lot better then I expected her too. :D

3 Empress

tabi

I'm stuck in the Emperor...:( so I'm off to research some stuff. :confused: wish me luck

tabi

Finally!!

I'm coming back to you with two more cards. The Emperor had me going in circles but the Faith/Hierophant card made up for it in spades.

4 Emperor
Pretty much needs no explaining

5 Faith
I choose to do this differently from the traditional R-W stlye, I'm not Catholic which is what that one feels like to me. I am not religious, only spiritual however if you look you will see the triple goddess symbol in the window along with a cross. So I did want religion without it over powering the entire card. I also have a book that is laid out to what looks like a bible but is just your own beliefs and values.