New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, The Sixes

Little Baron

Hi again Grip!

I am glad that I gave you a confidence boost. You're openings are truely enlightening. I have found the book can often confuse, more than reveal the cards to me. In places, anyhow. I have bought quite a few books over time, which I also use for a little research, when needed. I will add anything I find there of relevance, if and when it comes up. But on the main, little info from the accompanying book and how I feel about the image is most important.

I tried, many times, to understand Kabbalah. And I think that a lot more must have filtered into my brain than I though, because in many ways, the map of the Tree of Life does make sense to me as I study this deck. I can see why Ogoun is used in the fifth sephirot. I can see the warmth and beauty of Tipereth in the 6's. Gran Ibo is understanding in the second sphere, when moulded with the emotional element of water. It takes time, but it should click. The blurb on each number in this book [before each card is described] is very thought out, I think.

And I do understand what you mean about the more personal connection with these cards, using Legba la Flambeau as a reference. It does give them a voice. In another deck, the Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot, the artist has named some of the characters. When I look at them, I see that 'body' you mention, rather than a generalised and personality-less character depicted. Often, I think it helps in communicating the feel of the card.

LB