Konraad's Past Life Spread: Throne 1

Thirteen

(Special note: Read post: Konraad's Past Life Spread pt. 1 before starting on posts "Thrones" 1-4)

So here's the big question: How do you read this spread? Well, let's look at it again and talk:

*******ACE*******(Throne 2)
***18*14*4*3*****

***ACE*** - ****ACE*** (Throne 1 & 3)
15*11*2*1* - *13*7*6*5*
*******19 - ********17

*******ACE***********(Throne 4)
21*20*16*12*10*9*8*22

Ideally, by the way, you lay out the suffled 4 aces face down, then lay out the shuffled majors face up. And THEN turn over the aces, one by one as you go over the Thrones and their meaning.

You start with Throne 1: childhood/destiny.

So let's say you turn over that ace and you get "Ace of Swords"--this indicates that the cards below are about a time in the querent's childhood where they were suffering from poor health. Maybe they were in the hospital for something.

Now I've laid out my cards on a very small table here and for Throne 1 here's what I got:

***********Ace of Swords**************
*Justice*The Moon*The Fool*The Hierophant*
*************************Death*******

So I read the Ace first = A childhood of sickness.
Now I look at the card below, the stand-out card, the one seperate from the other four. It's Death.

Pretty clear, no? Yeah, someone was sick or badly injured, bad enough that they almost died. Who? Parent or child? Check above and you see The Fool. The Fool, patron of pages, can be read here as a child. A happy, innocent one. So this is probably about the querent's illness. If, instead of the Fool, we'd had The Empress, it would have been the mother's illness, yes?

So, this was a time in the querent's life when he was really in trouble. What happened? The Hierophant. I'd read that as a doctor. A strict, by the book doctor, but a good one. The Moon--a very scary time, the treatment involved a lot of drugs maybe. Hallucinations, no control over the body. Scary stuff. Judgement: Our guy survived, not unscared, maybe still has to watch his/her heath, but he lived and was restored.

Do you begin to get the idea? Questions or problems on this throne?

Thirteen

Now you give it a try. Lay out Throne 1 and tell us what you get and how you might read it. Remember to let us know what deck you're using and what ace is above it.

LaLaBella

Just bumping the thread :D

lunalafey

MUSICAL CHAIRS #1

now I was not sure about reversals, this was not specified, or I did not see. I used them anyway because alot of my reading comes from HOW the cards lay, and not neccesarily what the reversed meaning implies.
I have two decks that have a "era" theme. Native American and Legend, I love them both dearly and very familiar with them, but I used a deck new to me that has no connection to a past culture. I used the quite fitting Unicorn deck, the Unicron, which is a horse goat lion deer thing =
I'm a capricorn(goat) and the horse and lion and deer are all part of my animal totems(had not seen this before, NEW DECK)

My first throne was a tiny bit confussing, I can see how it fits in ways but not so much how it applies. Let me show you;

childhood/destiny
ACE: Rods(wands)
work and responsibility(for a kid?)
STAND OUT #19: Magician (hmm) little heavy for a kid don'tcha think?
Yet I can remember as a child around 7 or 8yrs. old, laying in bed wondering about the universe/life etc.(I grew up without any religion and open minded parents) I remember feeling the spins(headed for a trance?) I was reminded of this experence when I read the Celestine Profecies, the main character was "passed out" on a cliff and was taken on a "tour"
something like a vortex where he went from present to prehistoric, into cells and out into the cosmos. The Native Americans call this "place" the great mystery, it's where all the answers are.
Hermit also renforces this spiritual side as well as the 'suspention' of the hanged man
the rest of the cards is as follows(Left to Right not order layed down in)
12.Hang. Man(r) 6.Lovers, 21.World(r), 9.Hermit
LOOK AT THOSE NUMBERS!!! see what I'm seeing? Hmm.
Too me this looks like it does explain my childhood, from a self/spiritual perspective, how does that fit into work/responsibility?
The lovers are sanwiched between two(fitting) reversed cards, can you see the divorce? I was a loner as a child, and it was not a fun childhood (the divorce made me happy(relieved)though).
note: born on in the 12th month, parents divorced when I was 9, #'s of first and last cards. When my parents seperated, I basically had to take care of my self, at that point I had to take on the 'responsibilities' of an adult, would that be it? or am I missing something deeper between the work and responsibilities connection with the child hood and destiny? I feel like there is something I'm missing here.

starfish66

Luna -

I am printing off your post and will reply in a bit. I can't wait to work on this :)

:TAW Starfish

Helruna

Well, I already posted this in the other thread, but as we seem to start over I'll post it again with some additional thoughts.

Throne 1

....... The Well (Ace of Cups)
The Circle (Wheel of Fortune) - Sorceress (HP) - The Mother (Empress) - Knowledge (Hierophant)
........ Courage (Strength)

OK, as far as I can tell from what I read in the post, this indicates that my childhood was filled with love and pleasure. OK, this is what influences I have from past lifes? My childhood was not quite filled with love and pleasure... but let’s see the other cards. Maybe there is some more to tell. If I see the Ace of Cups also as emotionally packed, yes, they sure were! Almost like drifting away in feelings, I was quite sensitive - a well of overflowing emotions and impressions - not only mine, indeed. Could this refer also to being an empath or so?

New: When I look at the Well and the Courage togehter, it might have also been, that I had to be strong to see through what negative parts I experienced to see the beauty and the good parts of live. Having the strength, so to speak, to let the negative be negative and realise that there is much more to live than that.

The Circle of Fortune tells me that there were ups and downs - and also, that my life was influenced by others, what I can heavily relate to. Nonetheless, I learned a lot through this time of change and the need to adapt. The Sorceress - oh my, indicates perhaps that I was kind of sensitive? I would not dare say I was a psychic, nor that I am psychic nowadays. Maybe it refers to my beliefs - a witch.

New: Not only do I see the Wheel today, in combination with the HP as learning about the ups and downs of live, but also about the ups and downs of a person in general. My experiences taught me some lessons that are helpful to me today in doing readings, as I have had a "glimpse" into some areas of the human mind that perhaps with a totally complete happy childhood I would not have gathered.

My mother certainly had a lot of influence on me. I wonder, could this refer that I and my mother know each other from another lifetime? I admit, I have a caring nature, so there is surely a lot of possibilities here.

New: I wonder if my mother also taught me some things, in a hard way at times, that are useful to me nowadays. But the mother card is still somewhat of a "riddle" to me. I am not sure whether this is indicating my mother or myself.

How does this connect to the Knowledge... perhaps that I have already certain knowledge from a past life that is influencing me subconsciously? Or could this refer to some kind of social interference? I am lost here.

New: Thirteen, you interpret this card as another person? I am not sure how this might apply to me. I wonder, if this could refer to the Mother card, being a strict mother, only focused on what she knows and beliefs in, trying to teach me this in her own weird ways?

The Courage is highly interesting - I have never seen me as a strong or couragous nature, not back when I was a child, nor today. Certainly, I grew through the experiences, but this is a somehow astonishing card for me.

New: Still, even today, this card is amazing to me as I still cannot believe that I have ever had any courage or inner strength. Well, perhaps this also has something to do with mastering the "problems" that I had to face growing up and that it made me stronger and wiser. A lot of female cards in this spread, BTW - Sorceress, Mother, Knowledge (depicts a half-elephant, half-woman face), Courage.

All in all, if I have to summarize my childhood/destiny, I think that I had some interesting lessons in my childhood about Motherhood, Sensitivity, Tradition, Society, the "Shadow" part of myself (and others) and learning to stay strong and not to give up, not to mention to learn how to see the beauty and the light even through hardship and confusing times.

Any comments here? I still feel that I have overlooked something, like a "missing" piece in the puzzle...

Thank you so very much!

BB,
Helruna

cricket

Here we go... using the Robin Wood

Ace of Swords - poor health
VI, Lovers***XX, Judgement***VII, Chariot***0, Fool
**********************************XVIII, Moon

OK, with the Moon under the Fool, I would see this as an illness that goes in cycles, and would refer to myself. I can remember clearly getting sick once every month or so - nothing serious most of the time, but enough to keep me home. This could also be referring to certain things that eventually had a bad effect on my reproductive system.

It could be what I call the 'unloved disease' - always competing with others and falling short, which eventually leads to depression and a dis-ease of the mind that sticks with a person throughout their life. This idea is supported by the Judgement card. The Chariot seems to be the mask of strength and happiness worn to hide the struggle, and the Lovers would show the need to bare the self to the self and learn to accept myself, flaws and all.

Helruna

Re: MUSICAL CHAIRS #1

lunalafey said:
now I was not sure about reversals, this was not specified, or I did not see. I used them anyway because alot of my reading comes from HOW the cards lay, and not neccesarily what the reversed meaning implies.

My first throne was a tiny bit confussing, I can see how it fits in ways but not so much how it applies. Let me show you;

childhood/destiny
ACE: Rods(wands)
work and responsibility(for a kid?)
STAND OUT #19: Magician (hmm) little heavy for a kid don'tcha think?

12.Hang. Man(r) 6.Lovers, 21.World(r), 9.Hermit
LOOK AT THOSE NUMBERS!!! see what I'm seeing? Hmm.
Too me this looks like it does explain my childhood, from a self/spiritual perspective, how does that fit into work/responsibility?

When my parents seperated, I basically had to take care of my self, at that point I had to take on the 'responsibilities' of an adult, would that be it? or am I missing something deeper between the work and responsibilities connection with the child hood and destiny? I feel like there is something I'm missing here.

I snipped some parts for better overview. My comments:

Ace of Rods: work and responsiblity

I see this, in combination with the Magician, as having to create your own world, take up for yourself and "fight" for yourself. As you already mentioned, when your parents separated, you had to take up for yourself. Yes, it is certainly not an easy task for a child!

I think, as the rods also stand for fire, spirituality, in combination with the Magician, Hermit and Hanged Man - this might refer to you finding your own path to your spirituality, without the guidance of others, just by yourself. You describe your childhood memories as something that reminds you of the Native American practises. I assume, that you simply formed your reality by finding the connection to your spiritualit, learning to stand on your own feed and taking care of yourself.

Looks to me as if your "task/quest" was searching for your true self and your way to spirituality despite the problems with your family and to create and shape your "world" even after and when it was "falling apart".

Not an easy task for a child, I admit.

Concerning the reversals, I remember that in the long thread, Thirteen said that there was no explicit "rule" for using reversals or not. I assume, if it works for you, use them. I didn't use them with my deck - the Shapeshifter.

I am not sure whether this clarifies anything for you... but I hope at least a bit.

BB,
Helruna

lunalafey

Helruna said:

Throne 1
....... The Well (Ace of Cups)
The Circle (Wheel of Fortune) - Sorceress (HP) - The Mother (Empress) - Knowledge (Hierophant)
........ Courage (Strength)

I join you in the realm of overwhelmed. I made my notes on your 1st throne and then came here, popped in and glanced over the 4th throne thread.
What you speak of your mother, may fit with what I read. I wonder, do you consider your childhood happy?
the Wheel, that is of reincarnation. The 2 women would be you and your mother, yes? I have read a case study where the parent/child role(ROLL) was reversed in the present life(the tables have turned). Maybe you where the mother before and now(this life) have the added challenge of needing to teach your child(mother) It must take strength to teach ones own parent, for it seems unnatural.
Was it you that provided the strength when the father left? In the past, as the mother, your child may have needed some extra love and attention when father left, she felt abandoned, and those feelings where neglected, mom did not "care"(so in this life you have become extra sensitive/empath). Perhaps it is you that must be the teacher and help in the letting go process since this was not accomplished before.