Konraad's Past Life Spread: Throne 4

lunalafey

as I said before I was looking for something new when I did this spread, just yesterday I was thinking of breaking my Native American deck out of retirement and doing this spread again and see how the cards come up and hopefully direct them to the life of a Irquois Matriarch. It was a card in this deck that tied a bunch of questions I had together regarding a theroy of a past. She was the Maiden of shields, and has shown herself in very "tight" ways if you can gather what I mean. I'm wondering though because she won't be used in the sread, being a minor and all. I will let you all know what happens.

cricket

luuuuna again

Interesting. It seems your past self lived a long, rather uneventful life, except for one thing. *L* You started out as a strong child, which carried o ninto your adulthood. It seemed as if nothing could bother you. That is, until people started thinking too hightly of you. They lifted you onto a pedestal. They put you in a position of power. All the attention fed your ego, making you more aware of the physical than the spiritual. Your whole self was off balance. While in the middle of this rather odd part of your life, you were betrayed. Possibly by someone very close to you - a relative or confidante. That act pushed you over the brink. You engulfed yourself in some sort of fad and stayed there. I'm almost tempted to say it was a cult of some sort. While a part of this group, or involved in this activity, you gound your balance once more, though you were very careful not to lose it again. Too careful. Things dealing with you bcame stagnant. You ended up dieing still chined to your 'new' ways.

After looking through the other responses, it would seem I'm really, really off. *LOL* Although you do seem to be rolling with the punches much better this time around.

tigerlily

Ok, after thrones 1 and 2 in one go, I'm really tired... so I skipped #3 and go immediately to the most interesting throne ;):

Throne 4: Past life

--------------------- Ace of Cups -------------------
Emperor| High Priestess| High Priest| Strength| Hanged Man| Sun| Lovers| World |

Ace of Cups: "Beauty" - I seem to have had a good life (maybe that's the reason that is one is so lala...); too bad that I don't have any memories of past lives. Not even a "feeling" <sigh>... ok, let's try:

The Emperor and two priests; probably had a high social status, was respected, with some power?

Strength and Hanged Man seem to hint towards a power struggle and imprisonment - a loss of my former position.

Sun, Lovers, World; a fairy tale happy ending LOL

I'd really appreciate your input; I'm just run dry now - you can't do this spread in one go...

Thirteen

tigerlily said:
Ok, after thrones 1 and 2 in one go, I'm really tired... so I skipped #3 and go immediately to the most interesting throne ;):

Throne 4: Past life

--------------------- Ace of Cups -------------------
Emperor| High Priestess| High Priest| Strength| Hanged Man| Sun| Lovers| World |

Ace of Cups: "Beauty" - I seem to have had a good life (maybe that's the reason that is one is so lala...); too bad that I don't have any memories of past lives. Not even a "feeling" <sigh>... ok, let's try:

The Emperor and two priests; probably had a high social status, was respected, with some power?

Strength and Hanged Man seem to hint towards a power struggle and imprisonment - a loss of my former position.

Sun, Lovers, World; a fairy tale happy ending LOL

I'd really appreciate your input; I'm just run dry now - you can't do this spread in one go...

Emperor/High Priestess and High Priest could indicate an interesting triangle ;)

Interesting interpetaton of strength and the Hanged man--I would say that strength was required for a great sacrifice. Which brought about renewal, love and the world. Possibly our High Priestess had to decide between the two men and sacrifice one to live happily with the other? Just a thought.

tigerlily

Thirteen said:
Emperor/High Priestess and High Priest could indicate an interesting triangle ;)

Thirteen, Thirteen, Thirteen... honi soit qui mal y pense!

Tsk, tsk...

I compared notes with some astrological past life experiments I did a year or so ago and I believe that I was the High Priestess - historically speaking, a nun. That's why I don't believe that the Emperor and the High Priest were love interests (although it has happened before, I know...) more likely that the HP was a bishop or some other male authority figure of the church, and the Emperor my father.

Hrm... now look at High Priestess - Sun - World. Seems to me that at one point I left (Sun - leaving those walls behind me) the church in favor of a more worldly life (Audrey Hepburn, anyone <g>?). And I mean "worldly": Strength (think Crowley for a moment mwaha) - Lovers...

I think it was a struggle between human desires and spiritual principles, and a feeling that no matter how I decided, I had to sacrifice an important part of myself (Hanged Man). I don't think that I felt "suppressed" as a nun; but in that time, it was the only spiritual path available for a woman and I think spirituality/religion was a very important part of myself. To give it up must have been a real and painful sacrifice. To give up human love and emotional involvment must have seemed equally painful. Perhaps I felt that I was crucified between mutually exclusive needs.

I don't get the happy enlightened vibe from the World in this spread. I think that it means literally "the world" as opposed to the church, which is "outside" worldly affairs (or pretends to be); and it gives me a feeling of being "between te worlds", not belonging to either. The woman in the R/W world card is floating outside of the physical universe, in a sphere of her own. This feeling of being alien, an outsider, has clearly carried over into this life. I haven't had a look at my third throne yet, but it will be fascinating to see how it influences the sphere of relationships.

mermaiden

Wow this one is so strong yet so vague!

throne was <B>discs/coins</B> (unhappy)

the first card might be hard for some of you to understand because it's from Shapeshifter (but I wouldn't be surprised if you collectors all have one deck *LOL* ;))

<B>dreamer</B>-<B>sun</B>-<B>lovers</B>-<B>star</B>-<B>priestess</B> (sorceress in the deck)-<B>devil</B> (choice)-<B>chariot</B> (power)-<B>emperor</B> (father)

I have a feeling this has a lot to do w/spituality because even though this was vague to me, I had a flash of a woman (I believe that's me) in what looked like a small church on a stormy night and looking to the entrance to see a man at the door: I think he killed me there with something like a knife. I also think it might have been my husband/lover (maybe a good relationship gone bad).
This is all I can get out of this, although I also have a strong connection to the dreamer card: I have connection to her because of the way she's emerging out of the water (kind of like being awaken to a previously-subconsious spiritual part of me or something). My mind's drawn a blank though for some reason about piecing this buggar together! Can anyone give me their opinion on what they see here?

mermaiden

*ugh* stupid HTML tags (LOL) Sorry about that everyone.

Thirteen

Re: Wow this one is so strong yet so vague!

mermaiden said:

*dreamer*sun*lovers*star*priestess (sorceress in the deck)*devil(choice)*chariot(power)*emperor(father)*

I'm glad you said this was Shapeshifter because it makes a difference, especially with the "devil" which has no actual "devil" in it--but is, as you say, "choice." Which card, by the way, is "dreamer"? Is it "judgement" perhaps? I was only able to see a few cards of this deck online.

Let's take a guess here--and see if it makes you feel that we're on the right track or wrong--

The person in charge--either a "father" or man in power, or perhaps an uncle or guardian (emperor) has a lot of power and a focused vision ("power") and you were caught up in this. It was his decision, his choice to take you away from whatever other life you wanted to have and toss you become a "priestess" (nun? = priestess/sorceress)--one near water, perhaps?--it benefited him to have you either out of the way or in a controled enviornment.

But there was a star of hope for you--your lover came for you--or you snuck out to meet with him (another choice--lovers)--and all was THE SUN for a bit.

But then you were found out, Mr. Powerful (Emperor) killed you and tossed your body into the water (judgement?)--but though an unhappy story, you went having been the "dreamer" lived your dream, rather than letting someone else make you live their dream.

How's that?

mermaiden

Wow! Thanks for your response, thirteen! The dreamer card isn't in any other deck (there are three cards in this deck that were added and the dreamer was one of them). I do believe there was passionate love there somewhere and I'm not sure if it was a relative or the lover the killed me (maybe a spiritual choice I made about something like relgion upsetted them) but you could be on to something about a powerful male trying to domineer my life. I don't think I was a nun though because I think I went to that church( ? ) at night on my own free will...maybe even on a horse. I was also wearning some sort of a hooded cape (you know the type that has a huge hood that kinda flops on the shoulders?). I don't know what happened to my body after that though but maybe I was a rebel against the life chosen for me. ;)

Thirteen

Altogether possible that the "Priestess" indicates that the little church was your power center. And, as you say, you're position and power there came into conflict with your "Emperor's" power--that would fit with the chariot there--two horses trying to split apart. Do you choose to keep them together (male/female) toward a direction, or let them separate, because you can't agree on a direction.

A devil of a choice.

The star would inidcate a way to work out the situation, perhaps? A ray of hope. This answer worked for a while--even became a bright Sun, but failed in the end. More beautiful dream than lasting reality--not your fault, but his, obviously. Perhaps, as you say, he just couldn't share the power.