The Tarot-for-Life Project

Landon

The Star and the Five of Swords

Saturday’s Card was the Star. The Star is a fragile conduit for the hope and wisdom of the heavens to come down to earth. She recognizes the holiness of her work and gives herself to it completely. She is not the source of the new growth she makes possible: her star nourishes its own earthly reflection. Her concentration and extension form the ritual that invites the Universe to replenish itself.

Question:

Are you totally fulfilled in your present area of work?

Answer:

No. My untamed Gemini nature does not allow for much total fulfillment. Last year in my work was exhausting. I was working on several exhilarating projects at once, burning the candle at both ends and in the middle. That’s me all over the place, doing parts of many things very well but letting some things go half done because I get overwhelmed and run out of time. This year, I know, needs to be one of re-gathering and care. I think it needs to be my year to be the Star at work and to develop my capacity for focused, magnanimous humility. I know how to do what I need to do. Many people will benefit if I sustain my efforts and do it lovingly. This is not really who I want to be. I need to be it anyway.

Suggestion:

Check to see if you are doing everything possible to bring your ideas to fruition.

This is a harder question to answer. I don’t know how to define possible. I know I can’t lose balance right now because I have come too far to have to go back and start over.

Affirmation:

My creative powers of imagination and my connection to all-encompassing consciousness show me the way to realize my ideas.

Five of Swords

Sunday’s card was the Five of Swords. Want a picture of me on a bad day? Look at this card. The swords aren’t just the bars of cell; the prisoner is using them to injure himself. By grasping the blades of the swords, he is focusing on the painful element of the situation rather than the whole. He is letting himself be obscured by his problems, sinking down and abandoning basic common sense. If he has fallen to his knees beneath the swords, he needs to simply rise and grasp the handles. Use things the way they are designed to be used. If he is reaching up above himself to grab problems that are beyond his reach, he needs to turn around and do what can be done.
I need this card to remind me to avoid stay focused on the whole of the situation. I often want to see only the negative. I need to remember the power of routine in my life. I need to focus on the problems I can deal with, and do so with strength and maturity.

Question:

What do you associate with the idea of defeat?

Answer:

For me, defeat usually happens when I get overwhelmed and give up. I rarely go down fighting. I run into resistance and stop. I try to ignore the situation or wait it out. I ignore my victories because my life is not perfect. I associate defeat with shame and loneliness. It makes me feel tension in my shoulders and arms. I feel like a fraud or a failure.

Affirmation:

I accept my fear and let it go.

jema

Re: The Star and the Five of Swords

Landon said:

Five of Swords

Sunday’s card was the Five of Swords. Want a picture of me on a bad day? Look at this card. The swords aren’t just the bars of cell; the prisoner is using them to injure himself. By grasping the blades of the swords, he is focusing on the painful element of the situation rather than the whole. He is letting himself be obscured by his problems, sinking down and abandoning basic common sense.

Affirmation:

I accept my fear and let it go.

i snipped parts of this but i really think this part was most excellent put. thanks for sharing. some of the things here was very useful for me too and i will be sure to write them down.

Riversea

Hi! I just wanted to let you know what is up with Landon.

He is still on program both physically and tarot-wise. He's just gotten so busy with work that he's felt like he's not had the time to do much writing here.

He still checks in, and he still loves his Cosmic Tribe deck!

Melvis

That's good to hear, Riversea! I really admire his stick-to-it-tiveness!

I also think he may have a book idea in this journey; kind of a "My 12-week self-prescribed Tarot-for-Life Project, and what I learned from it." I think it would be an interesting read. After all, there are so many books where one person tries to tell everyone else how to work with Tarot, wouldn't it be great to read a "Biography" of an individual's journey with Tarot? Especially since he is using the popular Cosmic Tribe Tarot, giving people a chance to know the deck better from a perspective other than that of the author.

Then again, I may just be rambling... :D

Good luck, Landon!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE