Tarot of the Sidhe - The Hosting of the Sidhe

Sidhe-Ra

Wow...I seem to have not only killed the thread but the entire study group!!!

Leo62

Nah - it's just sleeping! ;)

Sidhe-Ra said:
The Sidhe can help us to uncover the true power that lies in balance, but that balance will often come from exploration of both extremes.
This really resonates for me. Balance is something I've long sought, but the idea of it coming from an exploration of each extreme has never occurred to me. All of a sudden - it makes a *lot* of sense! In a way, one extreme invokes the other...perhaps those rainbow colours come from our struggle to encompass both.

Sidhe-Ra

Exactly! Rain and sun :)

Thanks for giving the thread the kiss of life! I'm such a threadkiller :)

Em xx

Kissa

Almost three years have passed and the Tarot of the Sidhe is now widely available as a 78-card deck.

Apart from the card size problem I am facing (I find it hard to manipulate the cards but I only got them yesterday, I cannot really trim them due to an issue in the printing -my fronts are not centered, my backs are) ) I am extremely eager to work with this deck that looks & feels like nothing else I have seen before.

I liked Yeats' poem but I am too ignorant in both poetry and English language to grab its beauty to the fullest. Luckily Emily's cards speak directly (and loudly) to me without any obstacle.

Following Emily's recommendation, I will leave the thick Little White Book in the box for now. I read the introduction pages and the general information, also on the suits (I needed to understand the name changing) but I will not read the card descriptions or her commentaries until I have spent a little time with the Sidhe.

I am strongly tempted by an "Intensive Deck Study" or a good old "One Deck Wonder" with my new baby. Somehow (and I am NOT a faery person), it feels everytime I watch at the cards, the Sidhe haunt me more. Hard to explain, it is like the door opens more widely everytime I look at them: I get more receptive. Sophie told me NOT to get the deck (http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2736198&postcount=735 ) and she knew better ;) Many other dedicated and famous de-enablers tried but the incredible energy of the Sidhe (I read somewhere "raw energy") won their warnings.

To be continued...

K

jema

It's my one deck wonder of the summer and I don't regret it one bit. This deck even made me start journaling my dreams again, it is so vivid and vibrant that it seeps into my dreams. I am not a fan of every single card, there are a few that really jarrs but that is ok, I didn't buy it thinking it would be perfect, I guess some cards are supposed to feel a bit uncomfortable.
Both you and me Kissa lives up in the north and you would think the Sidhe would not concern us, but I think their influence is world-wide sky-high and ocean-deep.

Flaxen

Thank you for reviving this thread, Kissa.

I'm just going to add my voice to the chorus of appreciation. Since I got this deck, I've found it to be an honest, wise and inspiring guide. It helps me to really see myself and reflect on deeper patterns in my life. This deck just somehow seems to 'fit' me so well. I really couldn't imagine life without it now.

Perhaps, now that there are a few who are using it regularly, we should revive the study threads?

jema

I would stick around for a study group.

jema

Meh, I killed the thread. Anyway, just wanted to say there is a thread with daily draws from Sidhe in the daily draws forum that might be of interest. Since I am swedish and write in paperjournals I kinda stopped posting there because I am too lazy to translate and no one was reading that thread anyway :p

TiaraMoon

Hi jema-you can't have killed the thread because it brought me out of hiding after gods knows how long!

I adore this deck and would love to do a study group with you if you are willing? We can do it by PM if no one else wants to play!