A ring on the King of Swords

Golden Moon

Has anyone ever noticed that the King of Swords has a ring on his finger? where the hand is holding his sword?

So does the king of cups.

AmethystEyes

Golden Moon said:
Has anyone ever noticed that the King of Swords has a ring on his finger? where the hand is holding his sword?

So does the king of cups.
Hmm never noticed that before. Maybe it just indicates a married man. Or that he is dedicated person. Or a representation that he has already achieved some of his goals and is successful.

Golden Moon

I figured something like that, also with the King of Cups.

AmethystEyes

I just noticed the other day that the ring on the king of cups is on his right hand. I thought it represented a married man, but it's on the wrong hand, and wrong finger! It's on the middle one. Could it then just be another expression of his sensitivity? As the ring in the King of swords is also on his middle finger but on his left hand and also not as noticeable. Could that also be representing that he is not using his emotions to sway him and keeping them on the other side and is not to be notice.

EarthBoy

All Kings traditionally wear a ring. It's put on their finger during the coronation ceremony. It represents them being married to their kingdom.

Valentine Dragon

ring on the Saturn finger

The ring on these two King's hands are on the middle finger. Middle finger represents 'Saturn' and any ring on this finger represents hidden suppression, the need to control, the unfinished business from early home-life and a possible relationship to father - authority figure, which gives an example 'how to rule'.

I always ask the sitter, if these cards came up, what is his/her relationship to father. Was the father there when she/he was needing a guidance in authoritative love - an example of a 'king' to him/her. Or was the father distant, tyranical, or somewhat out of picture? Therefore the authoritative love, and example 'how to rule' is missing, and the person develops an inner 'am I good enough'-kind of complex which calls out to put the ring in the middle finger.

Is this king (Swords/Cups) doubting himself, living in a constant self-doubt but no-one can see it, except the 'ring'.

KariRoad

Very nice ideas, Valentine Dragon!
Valentine Dragon said:
The ring on these two King's hands are on the middle finger. Middle finger represents 'Saturn' and any ring on this finger represents hidden suppression, the need to control, the unfinished business from early home-life and a possible relationship to father - authority figure, which gives an example 'how to rule'.
How interesting to get the mind to think about what the eyes see! Some thoughts:

Right hand middle finger, King of Cups
Left hand middle finger, King of Swords

Wild speculation, but pleasantly mysterious so far as possibilities:

The King of Cups is divorced (ring moved to right hand, middle finger)
The King of Swords is a widower (ring still kept close to left 3rd finger)

:heart: :spade:

from on-line: "The Meaning of the Middle Finger for Rings: Identity & Materialism - Being the tallest finger, the middle finger is associated with our purpose in life. Also the centre of the hand, it represents personal identity and those things that are most important to us. People who wear a ring on their middle finger often desire to be the centre of attention."

Valentine Dragon

The King of Cups is divorced (ring moved to right hand, middle finger)
The King of Swords is a widower (ring still kept close to left 3rd finger)

KariRoad, yes, divorced, or widower, but we would not know in the reading, until we ask the sitter - who these are.

King of Cups recently came up at one of my readings for a new client. I draw only one card - the King of Cups and yes, the first thing I said to him, that we need to talk about his past relationships, where they fully healed, and closed upon? ; what was his relationship with his father in early home and in adult-life? Why was it important? Was there any alcohol or drugs involved (it's water, fluid upon the throne of this King is placed); what are the spiritual outcomes of it?

Anyway we've had a rich discussion over a one card only, very enlightening and profound. He (60+ years old, living with his 3rd wife) came to me to know something, but I refused to pick more cards - (just to make sure --- again the Saturn finger ring came to my mind, how deep the father-like issues were inside, to still not have enough confidence and faith in himself) because he did not needed advice, he is after all the King who rules, and 'knows it all' in his own kingdom, and despite the fact of being receptive (water).

:heart: :spade:

from on-line: "The Meaning of the Middle Finger for Rings: Identity & Materialism - Being the tallest finger, the middle finger is associated with our purpose in life. ((((PURPOSE IN LIFE = CAREER??? - maybe?))))Also the centre of the hand, it represents personal identity and those things that are most important to us. People who wear a ring on their middle finger often desire to be the centre of attention."[/QUOTE]

== Oh, yes, it is often the desire to be the center of attention - but did this desire came true? Why? that's the question behind it, which is on the client to fill out.

Debra

Many Europeans (and others) wear wedding rings on the right hand.

from Wikipedia:

"Right or left hand

Spouses wear the wedding ring on the left hand in countries like France, Ireland, United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy, Slovenia, Brasil, Egypt, Mexico, USA, and Canada.

However, in the Eastern Orthodox Church and in many countries, spouses wear the ring on the right hand, e.g. in Austria, Germany, Greece, Poland, Norway, Spain, India, Chile and Venezuela."