Pamela Colman Smith's Signature

LTG2201

I really like to notice where on the card Pamela Colman Smith wrote her signature. I like seeing how it changes throughout the whole deck. Does anyone else do this, or am I slightly strange?

Fulgour

Some unique locations...

Knight of Pentacles
10 of Pentacles
9 of Swords
The Fool (???)

but then also, she adds
a special flair sometimes...
on The 3 of Swords it's defiant!

I think she knew intense love in her life,
and maybe even settled (happily) in
Bude Cornwall to be nearer to Ireland...
and the secret love of her life! :love:

LTG2201

Sometimes, she does the circle of the 'P' seperate from the line part.

Fulgour

Here are 3 signatures by Pamela Colman Smith
from The Russian Ballet by Ellen Terry (1913)~

Click on to see enlarged view: PCS

tippoo

missing signature

On two cards the signature doesn't appear, death and the fool. they are the only two cards in the pack that dont have her signature, are these two cards significant to her in some way?

tippoo

PCS signature - the fool

Hi

the only place it could conceivably be is on his bag, but its not clear in my pack, is that the right place?

and have you found it on the Death card?

Sophos

look through Fulgour suggested website and they discuss the Signature and even do a zoom for you to see how Pamela signed on the cliff of The Fool card but on the horizontal (usually she has a vertical signature, sort of speak), it's mixed with other lines.
On the Death card, it's down on the right corner.

Rosanne

Bar five cards Pamela's signature is on the right lower side of the cards. A few cards have only half a signature due to the title box. All cards except the Fool, the signature is usual - none are sideways.
The 10 Pentacles signature upper right- the only card with it there.
Knight of Wands- left lower most likely because the Horse rear leg would have looked strange- or it would be missed.
9 Swords- in lower middle clear space for same reasons as the Knight and the Hierophant.

Now the Fool card.
It is thought that her signature may possibly be hidden in the cliff lines below the dog.
If this is so it is the only card where her signature is not clearly visible even partially. It is on the place where her signature would in most cases be. In the Sun card, she has made a box like space to hold her signature. Pamela also when needs dictated by lines, has put the signature elsewhere. I think there is no signature on the card. All her non Tarot paintings - even the busy ones have the signature clearly visible on the lower right side.
I wonder why this Fool is not like all the rest? (in regards to a signature)
Robert Place recounts an account by Rosemary Guiley that Pamela protested the placement of the Fool at zero -so she refused to sign the illustration.Or for the same reason may have hidden in the cross hatching of the cliff.
I think that this card was such a departure of all decks with the Fool- most likely she did not sign it.
~Rosanne