Venus in Cancer attributes ?

tapasr_57772aeb7

I can see your interpretation of cancer only as negative because.....cancers are home bodies and like to be at home and cooking, making the home nice, being there for the family etc. Cancers crave for a solid full on long term r'ship that brings them this satisfaction.

You only said "reserved, passive and insecure"....which is why i said that this was more of a negative sense on just cancer.....even though i wasn't looking for thoughts on just cancer attributes.

Infact precocious was a positive thing i can take from what you said, yes.

Every sign has good and bad points.
I agree with that. But so often new age astrology only talks about the good.

Sharla

I agree with that. But so often new age astrology only talks about the good.

I totally understand where your coming from, but i'm not really into new age astrology, i like realistic terms.

But like i said before... you only gave me negative which is why i replied like i did.

But i have taken from you the "precocious" so thanks for that. :)

But its venus in cancer i wanted thoughts on in general.....you don't need aspects or houses for this, so i don't understand where this confusion is coming from :confused:

Thankyou anyway :)

obeygravity

I've just realized that I don't think I've ever met someone with Venus in cancer which seems a little wild for some strange reason. But either way, I figure it might be a lot like a cancer moon in some respects so here's my two cents:

I'd imagine Venus in Cancer is likely a pretty sensitive placement. A lot of their affectionate qualities aren't likely expressed unless they feel genuinely comfortable and at ease. I feel like it'd likely be very doting, too, when in a relationship. Making sure that their partner is cared for and tended too while fully expecting the same. I don't see this as an outgoing placement but not to say that it's shy but instead, Venus will stick to what's familiar and comfortable so you'll need to really work to coax that side of the person to come out.

I tend to think any cancer placement is EXTRA sensitive to its environment and the energies in it and that surrounds them. So if things don't feel good and copacetic, Venus in Cancer likely completely clams up and bunkers down until things are good. It might also be manipulative or prone to a martyr complex too if it's in a position that's prone to nurturing constantly in order to get others to do the same to them or to receive praise from others as well.

tapasr_57772aeb7

I totally understand where your coming from, but i'm not really into new age astrology, i like realistic terms.

But like i said before... you only gave me negative which is why i replied like i did.

But i have taken from you the "precocious" so thanks for that. :)

But its venus in cancer i wanted thoughts on in general.....you don't need aspects or houses for this, so i don't understand where this confusion is coming from :confused:

Thankyou anyway :)
Have you google this?

Sharla

I've just realized that I don't think I've ever met someone with Venus in cancer which seems a little wild for some strange reason. But either way, I figure it might be a lot like a cancer moon in some respects so here's my two cents:

I'd imagine Venus in Cancer is likely a pretty sensitive placement. A lot of their affectionate qualities aren't likely expressed unless they feel genuinely comfortable and at ease. I feel like it'd likely be very doting, too, when in a relationship. Making sure that their partner is cared for and tended too while fully expecting the same. I don't see this as an outgoing placement but not to say that it's shy but instead, Venus will stick to what's familiar and comfortable so you'll need to really work to coax that side of the person to come out.
Yes i was thinking this too, i think cancers sort of can go into their shell (home) this is their comfort zone. No definitely not out going i wouldn't have said.
I tend to think any cancer placement is EXTRA sensitive to its environment and the energies in it and that surrounds them. So if things don't feel good and copacetic, Venus in Cancer likely completely clams up and bunkers down until things are good. It might also be manipulative or prone to a martyr complex too if it's in a position that's prone to nurturing constantly in order to get others to do the same to them or to receive praise from others as well.

I'll explain better on why im asking....

Im doing Free face to face reading at a little metaphysical shop near my home twice a month, to get some face to face practise and build my confidence... and i did my 1st two readings yesterday there, for two lovely women.

I used my astrology cards in the 2nd reading, and the woman wanted to know peoples general view of her as a person....i got saturn in leo, and told her she may come across as being slightly reserved, maybe too serious, unapproachable, not really up for a laugh etc, can be quite in control of how she is and not being able to let herself go.....she was grinning when i was (looking through my notes) and telling her about the card, she said it was actually hard to hear but very true, but she said she is a lovely person deep down but certain people just don't seem to get her...and seem to even avoid her.

So then told her i'd ask again and see what she can do to change this perception people have of her, and i got venus in cancer.

So the keywords i wrote in the opening post i told her, but i felt like i was missing something....so i came here to ask for others views.

So obeygravity, the 2nd paragraph you've wrote about this placement yes this is very cancer, and i agree with what you've said.....but now ive explained, as this is for advice for this woman to change about herself in a more positive way, i can't really mention any of that to her lol.

The readings been done now anyway, i may never see this woman again in my entire life...i'm hoping she took something from it at least.

But as Cancer is not a very outgoing sign, i still not 100% on how she could make some adjustments from being saturn in leo to venus in cancer.

Infact maybe its not so much about action, maybe its just about her being more friendly and open with people, more warm and welcoming as at present she lacks this.

jnett

I'll explain better on why im asking....

Im doing Free face to face reading at a little metaphysical shop near my home twice a month, to get some face to face practise and build my confidence... and i did my 1st two readings yesterday there, for two lovely women.

I used my astrology cards in the 2nd reading, and the woman wanted to know peoples general view of her as a person....i got saturn in leo, and told her she may come across as being slightly reserved, maybe too serious, unapproachable, not really up for a laugh etc, can be quite in control of how she is and not being able to let herself go.....she was grinning when i was (looking through my notes) and telling her about the card, she said it was actually hard to hear but very true, but she said she is a lovely person deep down but certain people just don't seem to get her...and seem to even avoid her.

So then told her i'd ask again and see what she can do to change this perception people have of her, and i got venus in cancer.

So the keywords i wrote in the opening post i told her, but i felt like i was missing something....so i came here to ask for others views.

So obeygravity, the 2nd paragraph you've wrote about this placement yes this is very cancer, and i agree with what you've said.....but now ive explained, as this is for advice for this woman to change about herself in a more positive way, i can't really mention any of that to her lol.

The readings been done now anyway, i may never see this woman again in my entire life...i'm hoping she took something from it at least.

But as Cancer is not a very outgoing sign, i still not 100% on how she could make some adjustments from being saturn in leo to venus in cancer.

Infact maybe its not so much about action, maybe its just about her being more friendly and open with people, more warm and welcoming as at present she lacks this.

Venus in Cancer = Two of Cups in Tarot???

Minderwiz

Venus in Cancer

There are many possible interpretations for this, which is chosen will depend on the context - why you are casting a chart or thinking about casting a chart. If you're doing a horary it could be a significator, either of the querent or quesited in you are looking for location, it might be a beautiful stretch of coastline. Alternatively it might mean your younger sister, something of a stroke of good luck, a young woman, a man's wife. There is no simple meaning because Astrology is multifaceted.

Start with Cancer: possible descriptions are, Cardinal Water sign, feminine sign, Sign of long ascension, all being technical features. as is the Sign of the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. Less techincal; it's the sign of the Moon. It's a fruitful (fecund) sign' it's a mute sign, people born under it (Ascendant, not Sun) tend to be rather quiet and tend to prefer to be part of the public body (the masses). there's a pleasurable side to the sign but according to Valens, people born under the sign can be corrupted fairly easily. There is a love of sharing a home and like the Moon there is some tendency to changeability.

OK, I've strayed into natal Astrology there but in order to give meaningful descriptions, one can't simply confine to technicalities.

Venus: female, nocturnal planet, the lesser benefic. Rules the Water triplicity by Day, so there is an affinity with Cancer. Valens identifies it with the 'caretaker' figure in our lives, our mother or nanny. identified with jewellery, art, poetry, grace and refinement a peace maker. But when badly placed, Venus can be identifed with drunkeness, drugs and a profligate lifestyle (these characteristics were hived off to Neptune in the twentieth century). Venus is also identified with markets and trade, with inns and hostelries and what we might call the leisure industry. Venus can signify a noble woman or a female executive. There's clearly a lot to choose from.

Which you choose comes back to context. Venus in Cancer means just the technical description unless you specify a context. So is female, benefic, triplicity ruler of a Cardinal, Water sign and sign of long ascension, enough?

I would think not. Many Astrologers have tried to come up with a series of key words, but key words are only scratching the surface. Schmidt sees the underlying key word as uniting (Whereas Mars is dividing or severing).

I've not even touched on the medical and physiological meanings, but these can also be highly relevant in some charts.

Sharla

There are many possible interpretations for this, which is chosen will depend on the context - why you are casting a chart or thinking about casting a chart. If you're doing a horary it could be a significator, either of the querent or quesited in you are looking for location, it might be a beautiful stretch of coastline. Alternatively it might mean your younger sister, something of a stroke of good luck, a young woman, a man's wife. There is no simple meaning because Astrology is multifaceted.

Start with Cancer: possible descriptions are, Cardinal Water sign, feminine sign, Sign of long ascension, all being technical features. as is the Sign of the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. Less techincal; it's the sign of the Moon. It's a fruitful (fecund) sign' it's a mute sign, people born under it (Ascendant, not Sun) tend to be rather quiet and tend to prefer to be part of the public body (the masses). there's a pleasurable side to the sign but according to Valens, people born under the sign can be corrupted fairly easily. There is a love of sharing a home and like the Moon there is some tendency to changeability.

OK, I've strayed into natal Astrology there but in order to give meaningful descriptions, one can't simply confine to technicalities.

Venus: female, nocturnal planet, the lesser benefic. Rules the Water triplicity by Day, so there is an affinity with Cancer. Valens identifies it with the 'caretaker' figure in our lives, our mother or nanny. identified with jewellery, art, poetry, grace and refinement a peace maker. But when badly placed, Venus can be identifed with drunkeness, drugs and a profligate lifestyle (these characteristics were hived off to Neptune in the twentieth century). Venus is also identified with markets and trade, with inns and hostelries and what we might call the leisure industry. Venus can signify a noble woman or a female executive. There's clearly a lot to choose from.

Which you choose comes back to context. Venus in Cancer means just the technical description unless you specify a context. So is female, benefic, triplicity ruler of a Cardinal, Water sign and sign of long ascension, enough?

I would think not. Many Astrologers have tried to come up with a series of key words, but key words are only scratching the surface. Schmidt sees the underlying key word as uniting (Whereas Mars is dividing or severing).

I've not even touched on the medical and physiological meanings, but these can also be highly relevant in some charts.

In post #15 in my reply to obeygravity, i gave the reason why i was looking for more thoughts on this.

Its nothing to do with a chart, its just venus in cancer in a general sense....how venus in the sign of cancer act together.

This was for more positive associations, on to give someone advice on how to be more venus in cancer and being less saturn in leo.

Sorry i can't give anymore feedback on what you've put Minderwiz, as you've gone by chart interpretations.

Minderwiz

In post #15 in my reply to obeygravity, i gave the reason why i was looking for more thoughts on this.

Its nothing to do with a chart, its just venus in cancer in a general sense....how venus in the sign of cancer act together.

This was for more positive associations, on to give someone advice on how to be more venus in cancer and being less saturn in leo.

Sorry i can't give anymore feedback on what you've put Minderwiz, as you've gone by chart interpretations.

My point is Venus in Cancer has no 'pure' meaning divorce from context. You can't tell a person to be more ,,'Venus in Cancer' unless you have a clear idea of their problems and a reference point to go by. If you wanted a trite definition you could try 'home lover' or beautiful home' but how are these answers to 'Saturn in Leo', which in very simplistic terms you might interest as timidity, lack of self confidence, or pessimism.

I have Saturn in Leo but telling me to be more Venus in Cancer is pointless, unless you know how Saturn in Leo manifests in my life, which requires a chart and a consultation. My Venus is in Scorpio, no matter how much I try, I can't move it to Cancer, not that I'd want too,; Venus is in my fourth house, Cancer is my twelfth. The best you can do is find my strengths in my existing chart and get me to work on them. That's how an astrological consultation works. The suggested strategy has to be person specific.Keywords are only useful to beginners and often lead to barriers to progress because interpretations ignore meanings that fit in context but don't depend on the learned keywords.

thecrystalthorn

Venus is like a mirror. Its a yin quality. It says more about how the individual sees themselves and through that, how they see others. Cancer is highly receptive. Empathic as you said. Looking at the sabian symbol helps I feel. If not about a specific chart, I'd say it would attract those in need of compassion and nurturing. Sign of the mother, ruled by the moon. Someone who needs their inner world recognized and touched gently. I can see it attracting people with a lot of fire or air due to polararies.

Venus in Cancer can also shut down. It is only open when it feels it's safe to be vulnerable and can hold on to internalized impressions for a long time. I hope that helps a little. I have a couple friends with Venus in Cancer and my husband with the moon in Cancer. That has been my experience thusfar. It's sweet and gentle. Cares a great deal about it's family values and will form many times based around what kind of childhood was experienced.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk