New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

Yves Le Marseillais

This deck cames from PAST !!?

Hello all,

I received this new version deck one week ago but was too busy for having time to give here my personal opinion on it:
Let's go now.

I had the very first edition of it and so compared them:
On Major XXI Hair is better designed.
Major VIII Justice: Crown changed also (we see Madenié influence I think)
XVII Etoile: Eyes have also a Madenié style look
XX Monde: Eyes are less open. See Madenié too.
III Imperatrice: Eyes are not any more green (As before like Camoin/Jodo)
XII Pendu: Trees are less "neon colour". I prefer this new version.
On this card face of hanged man is less "pinky" and more flesh like. I also prefer.

The all deck look older and more "used" than first version.
Pablo added years to this new version by playing with shades, variations on colours and other ways.

Backs design is different (Fleurs de Lys design like Chosson deck for exemplar).
But on backs oldness of deck was created by may be a little too much brown zones hum...

All in one this deck (very handy by his size) seems to comes from a cellar of an old Noble Mansion or from an old inn where gamers played quite well with him, betting for "who will pay the next glass" or any money game.

To resume my feeling I would say that this personal interpretation is very nice and please me a lot with his historical look and background.

I see the evolution of Pablo work and his personal choices influenced by his growing in depth knowledge of was are and what was old historical Tarot of Marseilles pattern decks.

May be a courageous conquistador had a similar tarot deck in his armour pocket when he arrived in Nuevo Mondo ?......

Salude de Marseilla France

YLM

eltarot78

Hello Yves,

thank you very much for your review,

Since February last year, when I received the Madenié fell in love with the strokes
of hair of LIMPERATRISE, from there I began to understand in a more profound way and the richness of the strokes.

There are cards in which the characters by having a smaller size makes them harder much detail in the engravings.

Madenié is a strong influence in this version, without being a Madenié.

without great pretensions, or stories of conquerors or decks in an antique house in the Nuevo Mondo, hahaha

this deck offers a walk where you will find hints of different decks in one deck, familiar faces for connoisseurs, without departing at all the Marseilles pattern decks, and without inconsistencies of styles, much material to discover, to learn, to work, and especially a tool
useful and faithful for the readings.

Salude Compagnone

eltarot78

sorry, I correct relevant, is not that it is a deck without great pretensions, but the pretensions that make this deck are sincere.

eltarot78

Hi all

For all that had been lost to participate in the above groups
are ready for new decks.

the cost of the deck is u$s39

shipping will form again with the help of Iris
the maximum is 2kg shipping u$s 68,50
which is divided proportionally among the group participants

Iris once you receive it we will send to the address indicated by you
shipping costs from Iris, to your house are as follows

If you're ordering one deck:
$5 Priority Flat rate box or padded flat rate envelope within the US
$15 First Class international with confirmation number (arrives around one week)

If you're ordering more than one deck:
$5 Priority Flat rate box or padded flat rate envelope within the US
$20 Priority Priority Flat rate box or padded flat rate envelope to Canada and Mexico
$24 Priority Priority Flat rate box or padded flat rate envelope to rest of the world

On this occasion only available TdM II Robledo, not Dodal

As I can with my genius, in this new occasion has a new variation, in the backard in the lower left corner the stain of "dirt" is more pronounced, as if finger thumb had been dragged on more occasions, thus giving the sense of the orientation of the card.

Please make your request right through PM with Iris / EnchantedShadow

Thanks
Pablo

ladybird

Wonderful, thank you Pablo and Iris! I've PM'ed Iris as I'm interested.

Do you have an example of this new dirt smudge? Are there any other changes from the 2013 3rd edition?

Anyone want to get on board the US shipment train with me? w00t! w00t! :)

Bluefeet

Thank you ladybird, welcome to the group!

Here's the sign-up list for our new group order:

~~Sign-up List~~ one slot open

-ladybird, TdM II x1
-gregory, TdM II x1
-auntie, TdM II x1
-whipsilk, TdM II x1
-Rivermeg, TdM II x1
-Vertumnus, TdM II x1
-KhonsuMes, TdM II X1

auntie

Me too, please, for 1 deck. I'm in NYC.

whipsilk

PM from this Marseille lover in Delaware; I'm all over it! 1 deck, please.

eltarot78

Hi ladybird

the photo is not very good, but I think it is enough to know the dirt smudge

334cd2bd-183c-4c39-a5f2-9c40c4b24563.jpg

ladybird

Thanks for posting the picture, Pablo. Did you make any changes to the art from the 3rd edition or is the 3rd edition work the same but with different backs?