Swedish Witch/Jolanda - 5 of Wands

rylla

This card is a puzzle to me. The card shows the 5 wands; a planet that looks like Jupiter (is there any association of this card with Jupiter?)[to self - look it up!]; a volcano is erupting (conflict, strife, heated atmosphere), a lion with a human female head and a big bird (an ostrich?, an emu?).

Any thoughts?

ETA rectification: the planet is Saturn not Jupiter

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 179

rylla

Shinx, wikipedia:
"Those who cannot answer its riddle suffer a fate typical in such mythological stories, as they are killed and eaten by this ravenous monster." - could it mean in this card that communication and finding the right worlds are important?

rylla

Ostrich as animal totem (http://www.spirit-animals.com/ostrich/):

"Ostrich is letting you know it’s time to clean house. This can be the physical house that you live in or it could be the cleansing of your emotions. "

"It may also be time to protect your own personal energy against the harmful psychic energies of others. Make a point of protecting yourself against these negative forces by grounding yourself and your emotions. "

"You know when to stand tall and be seen"

These quotes all go well with the meaning of 5 of Wands. It's time to clean your house (= clean the atmosphere which in the 5 of Wands is full of tension) meanwhile protecting yourself against negative energy (which is almost inevitable in the 5 of Wands), hold your ground and stand tall until this energy passess.

rylla

OMG! It's Saturn, not Jupiter. I've checked Tabula Mundi and it IS associated with the 5 of Wands.

So slowly the puzzles get solved... :)

ETA I think I've read somewhere that Saturn is restrictive (= which could leave to strife) but it does allow growth - it goes well with the classical meaning of the 5 of Wands.