Morgan Greer Study

SweetIsTheTruth

as soon as the UPS man brings my Morgan Greer.

HAHA! YES!

You know, I did the same thing you did. I wavered back and forth (for years actually) as to whether to buy this deck or not. I eventually did buy it and wouldn't give it up for anything now. It's a staple RWS variant for me, because the RWS artwork makes my eyes bleed.

La Force

This gets my vote, for the randomness of the draw. (If anyone wants to consciously choose a card, I am fine with that too.)

Just got back from the study group threads. Much of it is left unfinished. I am not sure where to post a 3 card spread in the study group. Do we have to notify the mods if we start a new thread in the study group, so the mods can tie the new thread to the study group?

Also, have you nosed around in there? Those who posted previously to the study group didn't like the Morgan-Greer Devil trump, with which I respectfully disagree. I don't want to get into that discussion though, until everyone has the Devil trump in their deck.

Yes, you need to create thread, then PM Sulis with thread link in Pm, Sulis will then add the thread to the main group (post) which has all current links to threads.

I nosed and read all the thread, yes unfinished is the word, also noticed, not many had a clue about the deck. I even did a serious search for any thread on the Morgan Greer deck.

I saw how negitive they were about the devil card, hmmmm maybe the previous owner of my deck saw that thread and ditched the devil card out of my deck :(

I sooo like, love this Demonic, perfectly depicted, If your going to creat a devil card, make it a devil, the more evil it looks the happier I am, hehe its my preference, I dont like it sugar coated, fluffy, soft and all bunnies. lol

When I see the devil, I think about that song "Dirty deeds" hehe

Quester

The three card spread sounds good. Also think it would be fun to do the cards randomly. I am also not so good with working all the way to the end of a study group. I am hoping this will be the one I do. :)

SweetIsTheTruth

Yes, you need to create thread,

Ehh, I would have known this if I had only Read the Fine Manual.

not many had a clue about the deck.

I don't claim to know much about the deck either, but I am attracted to decks which do not have (in depth) books.

I sooo like, love this Demonic, perfectly depicted, If your going to creat a devil card, make it a devil, the more evil it looks the happier I am,

Devil=shadow=self. Loving the Devil=loving another part of the self. So I agree the only fair complaint about a Devil card is it isn't animalistic, ugly or scary enough. Let's face it, we can all express this card if we are stressed enough. I know I can.

La Force

Ehh, I would have known this if I had only Read the Fine Manual.

I don't claim to know much about the deck either, but I am attracted to decks which do not have (in depth) books.

Devil=shadow=self. Loving the Devil=loving another part of the self. So I agree the only fair complaint about a Devil card is it isn't animalistic, ugly or scary enough. Let's face it, we can all express this card if we are stressed enough. I know I can.

LOL, yep read the fine print

You and me both, I dont know much about the deck either, lol. I also am drawn to decks, without in depth books. So when browsing the study group I guess my expectations were to high, in hopes that somone would know. Its like putting a bunch of kids in a class room without a teacher, expecting them to learn without direction or books.

Yes we all do express the Devil card more then one wants to admit. I drink coffee every day :D

SweetIsTheTruth

I have an idea of how to proceed in this study group and wish to get everyone's input. What about a 'fill in the gaps' method of choosing cards for the study group? If you check the already existing threads in the study group, it is divided into 5 categories, the trumps and the 4 suits. How about we begin by selecting cards that have not yet been covered in the existing study group threads? This will allow us to complete all missing cards from the study group. Once that is finished, we can begin covering the already existing trump and suit threads. If enough people like this idea and enough people support the idea of random draws, then I, or anyone, can remove all cards from the Morgan-Greer which already exist in the study group, and randomly draw from the missing cards in the thread and we can begin to fill in the gaps of the study group.

Your thoughts?

Nemia

I'd love a Morgan Greer study group. It's one of my favorite decks ever. I have the book "Spiritual Tarot" which uses the RWS, Aquarian and MG decks - if it helps, I might be able to add some insights from the book.

SweetIsTheTruth

if it helps, I might be able to add some insights from the book.

I am interested in all points of view from all possible sources for this deck.

La Force

I have an idea of how to proceed in this study group and wish to get everyone's input. What about a 'fill in the gaps' method of choosing cards for the study group? If you check the already existing threads in the study group, it is divided into 4 categories, the trumps and the 4 suits. How about we begin by selecting cards that have not yet been covered in the existing study group threads? This will allow us to complete all missing cards from the study group. Once that is finished, we can begin covering the already existing trump and suit threads. If enough people like this idea and enough people support the idea of random draws, then I, or anyone, can remove all cards from the Morgan-Greer which already exist in the study group, and randomly draw from the missing cards in the thread and we can begin to fill in the gaps of the study group.

Your thoughts?

Sounds good to me