Four Worlds - Assiah

Laurel

Qabalah-- Four Worlds-- Assiah

Assiah is the physical world, the world of manifestation. If looking at the Tree of Life as containing all four Worlds (as opposed to each World containing its own tree), typically Assiah is giving domain over a single sephiroth- Malkuth. Assiah corresponds to the Final Heh in the Tetragrammaton, Earth in the four Elements, and the Jungian function of Sensation.

Laurel

jmd

Having a thread for each of the four worlds is a wonderful addition to this area, Laurel, so thank you!

Assiah is normally said to be the world of action. As such, it is the world of, as you mention, manifestation, as manifestation needs the completed act which began as an emanation (Atzilut), and went through the processes of creation (Briah) and (trans-) formation (Yetzirah).

As the world of action, implied are the underlying elements of which is constituted the physical world - hence its frequent representation not only as the sphere of Malkut, but this Sefirot's division into the four elements.

In term of the four elements, it is also worth remembering that these are themselves various 'mixtures' of two underlying principles: heat and moisture, where heat without moisture generates the element of Fire, when combined generates Air, when without heat moisture generates Water, and when without either Earth (hence also, as a side note, why it can be that only the first three of these four elements are properly included in the Mother letters).

So Assiah becomes, in some way, the stage upon which is acted the play from higher worlds...

AmounrA

Its interesting , I think to note, that quarks are not elements. They lie below[above] the elemental scale. They are not solid, gas, liquid, plasma. Quantum physics does not sit well in malkuth, or assiah.

jmd

I guess I pre-empted you this time, AmounrA ;)!

...hence the reason for my above post describing the underlying manifested act of the four elements.

Quarks may certainly be described within the physicalist framework, hence my placing them within Assiah.

Of course, your post brings many important and interesting discussions about the nature of reality, its description, and its positioning upon the Tree of Life.