What makes a "Tarot Historian"?

Rosanne

Yygdrasilian said:
This statement of historical theory does not have any proof in the system of historiography and related systems.
snap
Huh? What statement?

Yygdrasilian

A History of the Occult

Query:

What if one of your ancestors and one of my ancestors happened to know each other 1000 years ago - A Teacher passing a secret onto a Student - a secret promised to be kept until the Student was the Teacher and had found another Student able to carry that secret? Say that secret was kept.

How would you ever know what that secret was?

Greg Stanton

Yygdrasilian said:
Query:

What if one of your ancestors and one of my ancestors happened to know each other 1000 years ago - A Teacher passing a secret onto a Student - a secret promised to be kept until the Student was the Teacher and had found another Student able to carry that secret? Say that secret was kept.

You wouldn't.

You could employ all sorts of mystical means to divine the meeting took place, and what the secret was -- but your efforts would be classified as fiction. What you supposedly "found out" would be true FOR YOU, perhaps, but not for the rest of the world.

Rosanne

Yygdrasilian said:
Query:

Well it would not even pass your radar, because it was a secret between two people.
It would be a snap

Snap: (n.) Something of no value; as, not worth a snap.

and what pray has this to do with the thread?

~Rosanne

Yygdrasilian

Motion Unexists

Or maybe History is like a Hologram, and we might listen for the Echo.
Listen close, it has become easier to hear as its been speeding up.

Greg Stanton

Yygdrasilian said:
Or maybe History is like a Hologram, and we might listen for the Echo.
Listen close, it has become easier to hear as its been speeding up.
Huh?

The thread is about historical research, not mysticism.

The crowned one

As a member

Holograms are reconstructions of stored information using 2 lasers in the simplest of terms. The waves regardless of type are recorded and later reproduced. Unless the good folks of pre 1947 history using their esoteric skills made and stored holograms we are likely out of luck on that front ;) Not sure where the echo comes in?

That aside; history is speeding up? Are you saying the past is now accelerating faster then the present? I do not accept simple speculation with no empirical support to base it on. Sorry.

Lots of good points and idea's One thing no-one has mentioned is early Persian rugs expert. You would be surprised at some of the common images/symbolisium to the mamuk cards.