Why the Faeries Oracle?

GadgetGirl

Please can you tell me why "You" love the Faeries Oracle?

Forgive me if this kind of question has been asked before. (I'm fairly new here.) But I'm curious to know what it is that the Faeries Oracle has that so many people love it so much. I do have the FO on my wish list but when I viewed all of the cards online I wasn't so sure anymore that I wanted it quite as badly as I did before. Some of the little fellows seemed more like little Gremlins than rather how I imagined Faeries to be. And a tad on the creepy side.

But in saying that, I haven't been able to stop thinking of this set and spent ALL last night dreaming of these cards. So much so that I'm a wreck today.

So what I'd like to know is why do you love it so much? What do you get out of it?

TIA

inanna_tarot

Ooooooh this is a good question to ask, especially as Im someone who hasnt picked up her FO in a good few months and has signed up for this months Seeker circle (and the reading still to do).

So, why love the FO.
Well the book is the BEST book ever. Jess McBeth is the most amazing woman in expressing all the little faeries into words. And once you see how they speak to Jess, you open your heart and eyes (and ears) to them yourself. Its like 'hey, she can hear them TALKING to her, so if I can hear them talking to me then Im just as mad as her, and shes really nice... so I can mad and nice.. awesome!

Then you get to meet the characters, that leap, jump, fly, crawl and mope around the cardstock and into your head, into your heart and soul (as they seem to have done in your dreams). Once you make friends with them they never leave you and often try to help you out! The deck should come with a disclaimer that now you will lose your car keys all the time, find random old things around the house and see things 'sparkle' out of the corner of your eye. You bring the deck home and its likes a faery invitation to crash at your house, permanetly.

But they bring SUCH LOVE and healing... they are truly friends for life. They are more than just an oracle, they are like Harry Potter style photographs that move around the page and shout, scream, dance, jump, sing and ignore you.

Its just.. amazing.

There is a new deck, the Heart of Faery by the Frouds and Im unsure as to get it or not. I love the FO, how can it ever be matched?! But Im a sucker for the faeries, and these new ones might like to play with the ones that have already moved in here.

If you ever want to know how to see spirits, hear spirits and read the cards intuitively because they are shouting around your head and pushing your keyboard keys - then get the deck..

otherwise, if you want an 'easy' life, then best not lol.

tarotlaura

I agree with everything that inanna_tarot has said. Once you get these cards they seem to take on a life of their own...and even the scary creepy ones have a message for you that will fit into your life or something you need to pay attention to. I am so glad I bought this.
It's funny because when I got the cards out of the box to look at them, my kids were just about home from school so I tried to put the Faeries back into the box and the card would not fit. I didn't force them to go back in and they haven't been back in since I got them. They wanted to come out and play.

For me, it was definitely well worth purchasing. But listen to what other have to say about it and then decide for your self. Just remember what Inna said, once you've let the faeries out...they like to play. :)

GadgetGirl

inanna_tarot said:
Ooooooh this is a good question to ask, especially as Im someone who hasnt picked up her FO in a good few months and has signed up for this months Seeker circle (and the reading still to do).

So, why love the FO.
Well the book is the BEST book ever. Jess McBeth is the most amazing woman in expressing all the little faeries into words. And once you see how they speak to Jess, you open your heart and eyes (and ears) to them yourself. Its like 'hey, she can hear them TALKING to her, so if I can hear them talking to me then Im just as mad as her, and shes really nice... so I can mad and nice.. awesome!

Then you get to meet the characters, that leap, jump, fly, crawl and mope around the cardstock and into your head, into your heart and soul (as they seem to have done in your dreams). Once you make friends with them they never leave you and often try to help you out! The deck should come with a disclaimer that now you will lose your car keys all the time, find random old things around the house and see things 'sparkle' out of the corner of your eye. You bring the deck home and its likes a faery invitation to crash at your house, permanetly.

But they bring SUCH LOVE and healing... they are truly friends for life. They are more than just an oracle, they are like Harry Potter style photographs that move around the page and shout, scream, dance, jump, sing and ignore you.

Its just.. amazing.

There is a new deck, the Heart of Faery by the Frouds and Im unsure as to get it or not. I love the FO, how can it ever be matched?! But Im a sucker for the faeries, and these new ones might like to play with the ones that have already moved in here.

If you ever want to know how to see spirits, hear spirits and read the cards intuitively because they are shouting around your head and pushing your keyboard keys - then get the deck..

otherwise, if you want an 'easy' life, then best not lol.

LOL! That's AWESOME. :D

GadgetGirl

tarotlaura said:
I agree with everything that inanna_tarot has said. Once you get these cards they seem to take on a life of their own...and even the scary creepy ones have a message for you that will fit into your life or something you need to pay attention to. I am so glad I bought this.
It's funny because when I got the cards out of the box to look at them, my kids were just about home from school so I tried to put the Faeries back into the box and the card would not fit. I didn't force them to go back in and they haven't been back in since I got them. They wanted to come out and play.

For me, it was definitely well worth purchasing. But listen to what other have to say about it and then decide for your self. Just remember what Inna said, once you've let the faeries out...they like to play. :)

OK. I'm starting to feel enabled. :)

inanna_tarot

GG Ive sent you a PM of why the faeries want you.. they told me and I had to tell you ;)

GadgetGirl

inanna_tarot said:
GG Ive sent you a PM of why the faeries want you.. they told me and I had to tell you ;)

SOLD!! These little fellows will be coming to live with me next month. :D

I'd still love to hear anyone else's experiences that would care to share them.

tarotlaura

Ohhhh I am so glad to hear that the faeries will becoming to you soon. :)

AJ

the fey know a particularly deep dark secret of mine and have made me an offer I can't refuse. Play or pay. So they get out to play a lot. A LOT~ Being fey they'll blab one day anyway, so I'm just playing for time...

PS: the Froud Faries eat blue prissy fairy dust fairy wannabe's for breakfast. Not to put too fine a point on it.

GadgetGirl

They are coming!! I blame you all. LOL.

I was just going to look. And *look* only at The Bookdepository. But those little rascals jumped into my cart and made me enter my credit card details. So I guess they'll be packing their bags, sorting out their passports and heading my way in the next couple of days with an ETA of Monday / Tuesday next week. That is if they make it through immigration without causing to many problems. ;)