How do you connect with and learn your Faeries Oracle deck?

MagsStardustBlack

That sounds really natural what you are doing, are making friends? They do draw you in dont they, i'm having trouble with The Rarr just now as intuitively i got a completley different vibe with it with regards to the book. I just can't see it as it is described, it doesn't feel that way to me, so i don't know what i will do about that.

I'm glad you are having fun with it, who for you stands out the most, who is your fav' and who are you not sure about???

For me if i had to -

Ilbe stands out the most. Maybe because i have doggies, i just want to give him a nice clap and stroke his nose. He has such warmth and love and loyalty in his expression. For me he is hope and comfort encapsulated.

Tobaira is my fav'. She was my first power card, what i needed to know at that moment in time, if i was a faerie i would be similar to her maybe. I see peace, relaxation, sereninty and divinatory powers in the forefront, in the back grounf those faces were no comfort but more of a warnimg of people mocking and false.

Not keen on G. Hobyah. He lookes like a scarey little s**t, and i know all to well his job, he has haunted me all my life, i know it is his job and he means very well, i do like him - 'really Hobyah i dooooo!!!! But really, you freak the life out of people'. From him, on a mundane level i feel injury, cuts, bruises that sort of minor thing, but also maybe broken bones, not life threatening.

I connected through G. Hobyah through childhood memorie of fears and dreams/nightmares. And Tobaira, through the power card selection of the present day situation. And Ilbe kind of just fell in my lap, as if he put his head under my hand for a nice clap, i connected with him emotionally.

Also love Indi anf Fflaff the Ffooter

I'm sorry about the link, my fault, missed out almost all of the address so really you had no hope hunny. But its there now xxxMags.

DaughterOfDanu

Thanks for the link!! I'll be doing the excercise tonight or tomorrow.

As for the fae of the FO, My favorite from day one was Glominous Doom. Something about him just made me want to give him a hug and tell him everything was okay. Maybe his big, deep, dark eyes just were saying "Why me?" I can almost hear him sigh!

Its actually surprising. I pulled out my deck to sift through to find him. And when I turned my deck over, guess who was staring at me with those deep, dark eyes? Glominous himself! The fae never cease to amaze me!! I don't know if he's my power card- he certaintly makes me think "things could be worse" when I'm in a bind.

As for the card that I'm most uncomfortable with, is Luathas the wild. I see him almost like a bug- like a flea. I can see him leaping energetically causing chaos as he goes. His expression just makes me want to get away from him.

I love the Rarr. The way it looks is just amazing and very interesting. Although I see him as being that little microbe or particle, floating through nothing to create a spark of life.

I also just got my HoF deck. The packaging was a disaster... the cards were lose and when you hold the deck upright. Instead of seeing l you see )( Nothing heavy books can't solve but my troupe is protesting right now. They want a party!

MagsStardustBlack

My second power card (the one i disliked the most) was G.Hobyah. The book said i would learn much from this card, i didn't even want to look at him, but i have found that i look at him more and more often, and study him alot these days, i'm really quite fond of him now. I'm working backwards through the deck, studying the faerie challengers mostly first to appriciate them, not fear them so that i get good vibes when reading the deck instead of the odd 'OH YA BUGGER, what a fright'

I mean the poor old Soul Shrinker, what a sad story that is right there, but when i first saw him i found his image the stuff of horror films, now i feel so sad for him, he offers such a valuable gift.

Yeh Luathas the Wild does look like a pest, we have Midgies in Scotland, little horrors of an insect, tiny to, they bite you, then pee on you, he looks like he would do that. If he bothers you, i would study him extra long untill he becomes less of a threat, then your uneasy feeling about him wont get in the way of your readings when he pops up.

xxMag.

ps. Glad your new deck arrived, sorry to hear the state of it, i may have complained about that, i'm sure it will be great under some heavy books. I hope you find your new deck exciting and fun.