Gaian Tarot...the good, the bad, the anything else

merissa_88

Melia,

She said they had about 400 copies left. Also. Joanna is thinking about creating an app for the Gaian Tarot and is working on an oracle deck.

GoldenWolf

I guess it's a good thing ordered it last week and it arrived yesterday. Had no idea it was going out of print.

LadyDeborah

I can't say I have really ever gotten into this deck. That could always change, but so far, it's just too contemporary for me. Contemporary might not be the right word for it, but I like traditional type cards usually. I'm not terribly surprised that it's discontinued.

LadyDeborah

I can't say I have really ever gotten into this deck. That could always change, but so far, it's just too contemporary for me. Contemporary might not be the right word for it, but I like traditional type cards usually. I'm not terribly surprised that it's discontinued.

WalesWoman

Being on the fringes of the Pacific North West or maybe the North North West, I can so identify with this deck... it's like being outside, it's all familiar and knowable. In fact some of the cards look like real places around here and was THE best deck for doing local readings with, though I must admit there are times when some of the images baffle me, until later... when things happen or more is revealed and then those cards that baffled me make perfect sense. It's just at the time, being baffled sucks. But then again, I can be easily baffled by my trusty RWS... sometimes we just can't see what it is trying to say to us, no matter what.

It is tarot, but it's almost an oracle tarot and works best I think when you rely more on your intuition than rote traditional tarot, but even then, the readings I have done using it have been pretty good and made all kinds of sense to the people I was reading for.

rivergum

This was one of my early decks (all of six months ago), and I loved it. Great for journalling with. It also helped that I am involved with a group that's interested in meditation and gardening and the like. Love the depictions of people in this deck, very familiar.