Tarot Deck Pricing.

Sulis

Good to know, but would love to know what a fair price is....

But must depend on the market and what is in demand at the time.

Thanks. :)

I sold a Bohemian Gothic deck and book set (1st edition) in Tarot Trading for between £40 and £50. Most people want more though because they know they can get it.

a*weaver

Good to know, but would love to know what a fair price is....

But must depend on the market and what is in demand at the time.

Thanks. :)

For the BG it was 80 Euros, including shipping to the states.

For the VR mini, $40 with shipping.

This was in the very recent past to give you an idea...

Good Luck :)

DownUnderNZer

Thanks again Sulis and a weaver! :)

Someone here in Oz has offered me the 2nd edition and when I get back tonight will start negotiating.

Have asked to see if any photos. Also she said not pirated, just a back up of two.

Gotta try and get 2 hours sleep as have a hair appointment first thing.

Thanks. :) Very helpful as a rough idea and something to go by....

karen0205

Shame for such an exquisite deck ..

They didnt sell these defected did they?

Yes actually they did sell some of the damaged decks that were marked as such.
I have one of them. There weren't alot of them though.

DownUnderNZer

Yes actually they did sell some of the damaged decks that were marked as such.
I have one of them. There weren't alot of them though.

You mean like with silver marks or bits?

Were they still a part of the limited 500 I read about? Would it also be less in price then again?

Bluefeet

You mean like with silver marks or bits?

Were they still a part of the limited 500 I read about? Would it also be less in price then again?

The silver limited edition was printed in Czech Republic (1st edition, 2007) and with no printing issue.

I think what Karen mentioned was those second edition (China printing, 2010) decks with minor flaws - they were sold at a reduced price and marked as "second" on title cards. :)

DownUnderNZer

The silver limited edition was printed in Czech Republic (1st edition, 2007) and with no printing issue.

I think what Karen mentioned was those second edition (China printing, 2010) decks with minor flaws - they were sold at a reduced price and marked as "second" on title cards. :)

See how little I know, but am certainly learning alot. I do know the 2nd one has changes to it that I like...no wonder pirating....China says it all. Alot of Japanese clients had.alot of business trouble with their China friends and manufacturers etc. Baby powder that had no nutrients. Food that was contaminated. eg Frozen veggies. Products that were faulty etc.

Anyways, shame the 2nd edition wasnt printed by a decent company to maintain the quality as the artwork is truly magnificent. :)

Winterchild

BoGo

See how little I know, but am certainly learning alot. I do know the 2nd one has changes to it that I like...no wonder pirating....China says it all. Alot of Japanese clients had.alot of business trouble with their China friends and manufacturers etc. Baby powder that had no nutrients. Food that was contaminated. eg Frozen veggies. Products that were faulty etc.

Anyways, shame the 2nd edition wasnt printed by a decent company to maintain the quality as the artwork is truly magnificent. :)

There was a normal and Silver First Edition, the Silver had an extra Danse Macabre card. Then for the Second Edition there was a normal and a pewter edition which I believe has pewter edges, rather than an overlay like the silver. I am not sure of there was an extra card with the any of the second edition decks.

I would love a Silver so much.... but they seem to go for crazy prices... there are a lot about at the moment though for some reason, so who knows, one may come up :)

Good luck..!

DownUnderNZer

There was a normal and Silver First Edition, the Silver had an extra Danse Macabre card. Then for the Second Edition there was a normal and a pewter edition which I believe has pewter edges, rather than an overlay like the silver. I am not sure of there was an extra card with the any of the second edition decks.

I would love a Silver so much.... but they seem to go for crazy prices... there are a lot about at the moment though for some reason, so who knows, one may come up :)

Good luck..!

So, like 4???? A and B/ A and B.

Gets better and better I must say......gee whiz. Wow!

Why did I have to like the artwork......:(

Sulis

The silver is a numbered, limited edition.. Not so sure about the others; I have a feeling they were just regular print runs.

You could email Karen at Magic Realist Press and ask her - best to go straight to the source if you want to know things ;).