I don't connect with the Wild Unknown

kalliope

I wonder if the threatening effect of the knight of swords, is that he is coming down from above... my husband does not like one of my favorite pictures, because he thinks a hawk is coming down to attack him, he feels like prey.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head about what makes it appear to some to be more threatening than other Knights of Swords. The directionality is really the only difference, and some people may automatically put themselves into the prey position when looking at it. Interesting!

I have been undecided on this deck for months. I finally ordered it and it arrived yesterday. It's going straight on ebay. I can't find a single thing to like about it :( None of it speaks to me and it just seems totally random. I am beyond disappointed. I haven't bought a new deck for about a year and I was really hoping this would be a keeper :(

I'm sorry you didn't care for it! :( I'm very curious, though, as to what inspired you to buy it in the first place, what it was about the images that you saw online that made you think you'd like it. There must have been something that drew you to the deck initially, right? Did the illustrations look somehow different when you saw the cards in person? It's hard to imagine not liking a single thing about a deck after liking it them enough online to pin your hopes on it as your first new deck in a year! Or did you order it sight unseen, just from reviews?