Decks with Interconnected Subjects

Aeric

I'm seeking out decks where the subject of groups of cards are connected, like same-numbered Minors, all of the Majors, all cards of one suit, etc.

What decks show for example the same person or thing as the subject of all ten or fourteen Wands cards, or in all Swords, so that you have four people going through the cards of four suits? Or where the same person is depicted in all Majors, like the stages of a Fool's Journey story?

Examples:

The Gay Tarot has ten people depicted across the identically numbered cards. If a Minor card matches a Major's number, the Major character appears in it. The Magician is Major I and shows a stage magician, so the Aces all depict the pip rising out of a magician's hat with magic wand. The Lovers are Major VI, so the four 6's depict the pair in four scenes from their relationship.

In the Mythic Tarot, each of the four suits is a story from Greek myth told in ten segments. Jason and the Argonauts for example is the subject of the ten Wands cards, and Daedalus of the ten Pentacles. The main character is present in every card and interacting with different people or things each time.

I really enjoy this visual interconnection as a reading aid. It probably applies more to non-pip decks that have more artistic freedom for storytelling, but anything is good.

tarotbear

In 'The Everyman Tarot' the same man appears in all the cards of his suit (except the Queen); there are four different men, one for each suit.

Not sure if this is what you are asking ... ?

Morwenna

In the Art Nouveau (Myers) each suit has its own continuing characters and storyline. It doesn't read like any other deck though; the stories seem to be unique to this deck.

Sar

The Mona Lisa Tarot and Lusy Lescot has it too.

Aeric

These are exactly what I was thinking of! Keep em coming!

I'm now kicking myself for not buying Art Nouveau when it was in print...

Melia

I'm now kicking myself for not buying Art Nouveau when it was in print...

It's still readily available - brand new I've seen it priced in the low 30s.

Aulruna

Kris Waldherr's Lovers' Path ( Tristan and Isolde for cups, Cupid and Psyche for arrows, Danae and Zeus for Coins, Siegfried and Brunnhilde for staves) tells coherent stories in the suits.

In her Goddess Tarot, each suit shows the journey of a different goddess (Venus - Cups, Freyja - Staves, Isis - Swords, Lakshmi - Pentacles).

Ancestral Path does not have the same people, but the same time period in each suit (Cups - Arthurian England; Swords - Japanese Samurai cult; Sacred Circles - Native American 1700's; Staves - Egyptian 19th Dynasty of Ramses II).

AJ

there is a grail one that forms a big picture
The Xultun does the same

Aeric

It's still readily available - brand new I've seen it priced in the low 30s.
Myers' version from 1989? I haven't been able to find it for less than the low 90s. Where are you looking?

bogiesan

Slightly OT: There are tarots that feature pathways in the artwork that lead from or connect some cards to others.

(I don't have the name in front of me at the moment but) There was a hexagonal tarot from a Japanese artist announced and discussed here several months ago. The pathways interested me and I want the deck. The deck has not been imported to the States yet that I know of.