Best Pictorial Key for the pictures?

Laura Borealis

The stage and backdrop may actually enhance the design and make it more Pixie-ish, but the scales and coins add an uncharacteristic surrealistic tone which is distracting and superfluous. However, while the backdrops may work for the stage cards, the backgrounds of the non-stage cards may not work nearly as well.

It is making me think that it may be unnecessary to include the aces in the process. Even the aces in the TdM are usually entirely different from the other pips. The PCS aces are already very GD-ish anyhow.

I agree about the aces, and there's another reason - they're not part of the 36 cards associated with the decans.

I'm of two minds about the backgrounds - I do think they make the design more Pixie-ish, which is nice. But if I wanted to make them look right, I'd have to fill them in on a lot of cards. I wouldn't want to just mirror the bits like I did here. So I'd be adding in stuff that Pixie never drew. Also, some readers get symbolism out of the backgrounds. A clump of trees, a winding stream, low hills - they can all be "read". I feel like the point is to strip it down to the suit symbols...

But it's totally open for debate and all the discussion and feedback is great!

Now the whole card (as the original) is reminding me of ' Hole in the Bucket' by Spearhead :) .... (not the youtube version - wrong link; the vimeo one )

(just got an idea for a new tarot game ! )

Hail no! :laugh: And you're welcome.

I just looked that song/video up - I like it very much.