Any suggestions for the Thoth forum?

Zephyros

Tongue-in-cheek devil's advocate. }) What exactly constitutes a "Thoth related deck"? This question has been floating around for years, and I am still none the wiser. :confused:

Good question, unfortunately it will float a bit longer, as (at least in this thread), I can only give the "administrative" answer that Thoth-related decks are those found here. Kind of chicken-and-the-egg, I know, but the question of what constitutes a Thoth deck in the philosophical sense really ought to be explored in its own thread. Truth be told, I don't actually agree with several of the choices on that page, but that's what I have to go on "officially." Some of them, like the Kabbalistic Visions, can't be discussed here even though they're on that page, simply because they are too blatantly not Thoth, and should be discussed either in Kabbalah or GD.

One could also ask what constitutes a Golden Dawn deck, since even the RWS and Thoth are GD, but again my answer would be this, and that the differences and separations should be explored separately.

Ultimately I'm flying by the seat of my pants, and will decide case by case. The AT pages I don't see as law, merely precedent, but the lines are still fuzzy in some of them.

:cool3:

ravenest

Tongue-in-cheek devil's advocate. }) What exactly constitutes a "Thoth related deck"? This question has been floating around for years, and I am still none the wiser. :confused:

Is it a deck that illustrates the Thelemic philosophy and world view via the Tarot. :thumbsup:

Is it a deck that merely copies the original Thoth images? Kind of Ersatz Thoth. :neutral:

Or is it a deck that just happens to share a similar structure with the Thoth? :confused: If so, can I start posting in the Marseilles subforum? After all, the Thoth is obviously a Marseilles related deck. ;)

Or is it a deck that brings the New Aeon out from the Age of Aquarius that makes it 'Thoth related' ?

Thoth related tarot :
" The Awakening Aeon Tarot emerged from the new energy of the Aquarian Age "

Zephyros

Well, it isn't my call, at least I don't presume to be the judge. If someone can make a compelling case about a deck, I'm willing to entertain it. Let the community decide, through debate on the merits of every individual deck.

Zephyros

I'm making this thread a sticky for the time being so that future users would have a channel to me that isn't a PM, and so that suggestions might be discussed in open forum.