Le Grand Tarot Belline Translation

tmgrl2

Thanks, umbrae!! Thanks for the translating, too, fm! So many will appreciate that.

How is the deck as a "reading" deck?

terri

Alissa

I haven't tried reading with this deck yet, it's too beautiful. The gilded edges and the sharp corners (my first deck with sharp corners)... it's a deck I just haven't tried reading with (yet) but I adore owning, and look forward to continuing my studies with in the meantime.

Umbrae

Reads well.

Think of a Marseilles with a ‘tude.

Sure there are seven scepters, or wands on the Sept Sceptres. However they are not simply 6+1 as a Marseilles. They are arranged. They are arraigned different than the Sept Glaives. On each of the minors, the numerical geometry is considered. (one may want to put on the thinking caps, or do some research).

There are variances that some may want to consider. The Moon, is not the moon. It is Le Crépuscule (Sunset, Dusk, twilight).

I think it is an important example of a late nineteenth century deck.

:smoker:

tmgrl2

Jeesh...another deck I have to buy!

Over to TG....

terri

ARudhra

inquiring minds want to know

very interesting. I would really love to get my hands on that book, and have it translated if it is not in english. the symbols on the cards are very intriguing. I find the variations from typical card meanings quite striking and far more useful. just inhaling it the USG english LWB.

firemaiden

What book ?

magpie9

I had thought that someone...was it you, firemaiden?...had done a down-loadable translation of the Belline book. Am I mistaken? Does it not exist?

firemaiden

Mais oui, Magpie, hence the reason for this thread. Perhaps I could then invite Adhura to read the opening post of this thread, where the link to the translation can be found. Of course if there is now a US games english LWB perhaps that covers it.

magpie9

It would be lovely kind of you to direct ARudhra to the translation link. I am glad to know I was not mistaken in it's existence. Do you know if the US Games translation is any good?