Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Trimmed Thoth.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Citizen

Moonbow 
Citizen

There's a fun thread about this where Little Baron (formerly Yaboot) trims a Thoth, I think he was the first one to do it on this forum.... or at least post about it and show photos. It's a fun read but also he shows photos of the trimmed decks and the backs which may be useful for those considering it.

Oh, and I have a trimmed one now, sent to me by Mercenary30 but I still cannot bring myself to cut a deck myself.

I've just got both decks out and re-looked at them. The Thoth is not a regular deck for reading for me, so I would like to know what the experience Thoth readers think would be best for a newbie before they go off and trim their decks. Surely the the symbols on the Majors (Hebrew, Astro etc) and the keywords on the Minors would help a someone new to the deck to understand the Crowley system. Let alone identify some of the pips.

So, the thread I mentioned:

Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!
Top   #11
Resident

maciader 
Resident

like the white part?
Top   #12
Citizen

Scion 
Citizen

Exactly. A lot of people prefer the artwork of the deck unbounded by the aribtrary white/neutral borders that make mass-market printing so much easier.
Top   #13
Citizen

RubyV 
Citizen

If you click on the link on the prior page, you can find threads where people discuss the pros and cons of modifying decks.

Trimming decks gets addictive.
Top   #14

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.