Steampunk Tarot

metatron3

wouhou !!
100 days left !!

*eat whole chocolate in the house to not drive crazy*

Morwenna

I just looked at the website for the first time in ages. Ooh, yeah, baby, I want!! :D

vee

Okay, I have mine!

The deck is very nice. I like the black borders and small titling. It's got a great steampunky feel and the cards are all evocative scenes that should be good for readings or contemplation. I have only glanced at the companion book. I'm sure there is interesting stuff in it, but given that this deck seems to be a faithful RWS creation, I'm not sure a 300 page companion book was needed, especially since she doesn't spend much time talking about steampunk in it. However, I'm sure if people buy this early in their tarot career, they will be very grateful for it! so, ymmv there!

The only thing that really stuck out to me--and I suppose it does reflect a steampunk culture ideal--is the lack of diversity in the female characters on the cards. They're all young (a few seem to be drawn with the idea that they look more mature, but their faces are still young), attractive, thin women, while the men vary in age and attraction. This won't matter to most people, I suspect, but it bothers me. Not a dealbreaker, but something that will probably keep it from making my top lists.

All in all, however, I am very pleased!

iAmRiotEyes

Okay, I have mine!

The deck is very nice. I like the black borders and small titling. It's got a great steampunky feel and the cards are all evocative scenes that should be good for readings or contemplation. I have only glanced at the companion book. I'm sure there is interesting stuff in it, but given that this deck seems to be a faithful RWS creation, I'm not sure a 300 page companion book was needed, especially since she doesn't spend much time talking about steampunk in it. However, I'm sure if people buy this early in their tarot career, they will be very grateful for it! so, ymmv there!

The only thing that really stuck out to me--and I suppose it does reflect a steampunk culture ideal--is the lack of diversity in the female characters on the cards. They're all young (a few seem to be drawn with the idea that they look more mature, but their faces are still young), attractive, thin women, while the men vary in age and attraction. This won't matter to most people, I suspect, but it bothers me. Not a dealbreaker, but something that will probably keep it from making my top lists.

All in all, however, I am very pleased!

I'm eaten up by jealousy right now lol

The creator said that she didn't like how many males the original RWS deck had so she tried to even that out or something. It's actually one of the reasons why I liked it...

vee

It definitely has a lot of women! They're just all young and beautiful. That's a detraction for me personally, because it makes the world seem less real, but I know it doesn't bother most people. :)

Haven't done any readings with it yet, but I think I'll use it next week and see how it goes!

iAmRiotEyes

wouhou !!
100 days left !!

*eat whole chocolate in the house to not drive crazy*

*Eyes Vee's deck, snatches chocolate cake from Metatron3's hand and shoves it into mouth*

jrockwraith

I want it!!!

iAmRiotEyes

Alright so for those of us not lucky enough to be in possession of this deck yet, you can page through the book on Amazon which has stills for many of the cards... *sobs*

12doggiepaws

My pre-ordered copy from BD is ready to be shipped in the next few days. Wow! am I dreaming??? Emails says publisher "early release". Anyone else got this email?