Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Viridian

Whimsical Tarot (too saccharine)

Connolly (dislike everything about it)

Padma

Funny, I do have a soft spot for the Connolly - but only because it was the deck I truly learned with. :)

I find I am having problems with the Prague 2nd ed. It no longer loves me - in fact, it finds me to be a country bumpkin, unsophisticated, naive, crude and raw. I can tell. It speaks very sarcastically to me. And slightly down its nose.

Viridian

You know I only got the Connolly because it was a friend of mine's first and favorite deck. I can see how it could be a good beginning deck.

Haha! That sort of haughtiness is just unforgivable! Your Prague Deck sounds like it needs to be slapped in the face with a white glove.

Gulliver

I find I am having problems with the Prague 2nd ed. It no longer loves me - in fact, it finds me to be a country bumpkin, unsophisticated, naive, crude and raw. I can tell. It speaks very sarcastically to me. And slightly down its nose.

Now I'm curious, the Prague is my fav, I can't imagine, how it could speak sarcastically. Should you wish to tell about, I would be very interested to hear. :)

A deck I would wish never have bought is the Tarot de Paris - but it was a mistake, I thought to buy the Vieville and pressed the false botton without noticing the mistake.

Otherwise I got playing cards which were produced in Prague and have images which were used in the Tarot of Prague and they were specified to be new. And they had blotches. So I was a bit disappointed.

journeyinghome

Mostly, I don't regret purchases that don't work out for me, because they're gifted on to friends/traded/sold. But there are a few that stand out as big mistakes:
Mary El - couldn't work it out at all and it was one of the more expensive decks I'd bought at the time.
New Palladini - very creepy.
Golden Tarot by Liz Dean - one of my first ever decks. Loved the Majors, but didn't like the plain pips and the card edges drew blood!
Scapini - made my eyes hurt.
And I'm going to stop right there!

foolMoon

Golden Tarot by Liz Dean - one of my first ever decks. Loved the Majors, but didn't like the plain pips and the card edges drew blood!

I feel that's what makes this deck look cool.

Padma

Haha! That sort of haughtiness is just unforgivable! Your Prague Deck sounds like it needs to be slapped in the face with a white glove.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, and then challenged to a duel! With swords, at the crack of dawn!

Now I'm curious, the Prague is my fav, I can't imagine, how it could speak sarcastically. Should you wish to tell about, I would be very interested to hear. :)

Possibly it finds you better company than it does me! :laugh: I cannot explain it, it is just a weird feeling I get with it. It feels like it is *alive*! lol!

journeyinghome

I feel that's what makes this deck look cool.

I was right at the beginning of my tarot journey, hence why I didn't get on with the non illustrated pips. That would probably bother me a lot less now.

But foolMoon, is your copy of the deck okay, as in the card edges don't lacerate you when you shuffle them? Maybe I was just unlucky in having a badly cut deck :/

foolMoon

I was right at the beginning of my tarot journey, hence why I didn't get on with the non illustrated pips. That would probably bother me a lot less now.

But foolMoon, is your copy of the deck okay, as in the card edges don't lacerate you when you shuffle them? Maybe I was just unlucky in having a badly cut deck :/

The card edges get worn, but it does not feel sharp enough to hurt my hand when shuffling.
In fact, as the edge gets more worn, it gives better grips when shuffling, and it looks like a vintage and well used deck, which I like.

The pip cards can be bland sights, but if one follows the TdM tradition of book meanings, then it is just right. A nice deck with great accompanying book too, just my 2 cents :)

SuzyQZ

Modern Medieval, a dark disturbing deck

Modern Medieval.

Found out is was a bad photo deck with about six to ten models posed awkwardly with really weird props. ....same freaky looking guy turns up on two of the knights and at least one of the kings, as well as several other cards and it becomes really weird when he looks out at you from half the cards in a spread.

FS

This is my first attempt at a reply, I am sorry if I messed it up. I have the Modern Medieval deck and even use it sometimes. I also noticed the repeating characters and some of them are downright creepy. I also find it to be a dark deck that I get a negative vibe from.