Missing diamond

stonesatiety

Sometimes this has teken days! So you *are* part Irish. ;-) Patience. You'll be fine if you never see that earring again. Feel into that. I worked with this for years, in a more extreme way.

My last cat used to send the energy of her death--I knew what she was doing--when I became anxious that she was out too long on prowls. A few times she was gone for a week or more. I worked through my fear and always came to the feeling that I had a great life with her, if it was time to go, she'd be fine. I accepted her departure--felt it, not a mental exercise--and told her so in spirit. Soon afterwards, she would turn up. "Meow!" innocently. Little fart. When she went on her last prowl it felt much different. There was no feeling that she was teaching me anything.

And all the other advice, of course. Also ask the gnomes. They gave a me a wave yesterday as I thought of you. I share all this stuff now, but still realize I'm viewed as psychotic by many, so I hesitate unless I feel a nudge.

EmpressArwen

I have never tried anything like this but I gave it a shot. I am getting that it's inside of something?? Is their a vent of some type on the floor or against a wall? Wooden? It's inside of something wooden? lol Sorry...I'm getting flickers. I am sure you have looked inside and under and around the dresser. I'm sending out my leprechauns to you too... I'm about a quarter Irish so hopefully they have my back too. :)

Labhraín

Interesting...very, very interesting....

That would be awesome thank you - and thank you to everyone for helping me with this. I am using all of your advice. What's funny is that, looking around the wooden dresser, I found an earring, zipper pull from an old pair of jeans and a quartz crystal point. So I am finding stuff, but not the earring and it was all stuff that I forgot I had lost! Funny and strange all at the same time.

canid

How about a UV flashlight? About 1/3 of diamonds fluoresce under UV (blacklite) waves. Brilliant blue purple, stands waay out in a dark room. Doesn't make them any less/more valuable, but easier to find if it does fluoresce, eh?

Eta: Just maybe it slipped between your mattress & box springs to rest in the teeny tiny space of the bed frame they rest on.

Barleywine

I ran a quick horary astrology chart to see if I could get any insights from it on this. I used Rex Bills' Rulership Book to come up with correspondences. The key points that came out of the chart were:

The earring is ruled by Venus (jewelry) and Venus is in Aries (ruler of diamonds), so Venus provides the significator for the lost item.

Venus is disposited by Mars, which is in opposition to Venus. The earring is probably nowhere near where you first lost it (but then, you've already found that out).

Aries rules the east, and the east wall of a room. It also rules "less-frequented places."

Venus is located exactly on the cusp of the Regiomontanus 12th House, which is also an "eastern" location in the chart. The 12th House rules hidden things and remote or secluded places. This echoes Aries' rulership of "less-frequented places."

Did you actually hear the earring fall when you lost it? Possibly it's snagged on a piece of clothing hanging in a closet at rhe east side of the room. Some astrologers give clothing rulership to Venus, but most seem to assign it to Mercury, which in this chart is in the 1st House in Gemini, the sign of its rulership, and Gemini is on the Ascendant - another "eastern" pointer. Venus is very closely sextile to Mercury, lending some credibility to this theory. Or you may have accidentaly kicked it against the east wall and it may be hiding under the edge of a rug.

Another way to look at this is by taking the Lord of the 2nd House (personal property). Here, Cancer is on the 2nd House cusp and its ruler, the Moon, is in Taurus (sign associated with jewelry). The Moon is "imprisoned" in the 12th House, and its sign (Taurus) is also intercepted in the 12th. The Moon is also considered a "secondary" significator of lost items, but, since it reinforces the indications given by Venus, we don't need to spend much time on it. I do notice that the last aspect made by the Moon is a sextile to Jupiter, which is in Cancer, sign of its exaltation, and in the 2nd House of personal property. Looks to me like the earring will be found after much diligent searching and a good bit of luck. (But the point about Jupiter could also just mean that it's a very valuable piece.)

I would say, though, that with both significators in the 12th House, the earring is very well and thoroughly concealed. Alternatively, the 12th rules "losses," so the item may indeed be irretrievable. But I don't think so.

ETA: A few things I missed mentioning. Cancer rules "wet places" and "places near water," as well as the north. The hypothetical clothing with earring embedded may now be with the laundery at the north end of the house, or the earring may have come off inside the washing machine. Also, according to John Frawley, since the significator is in a Fire sign the earring could be near a heating register/radiator or "near the walls." He also gives clothing (especially women's) to Venus, as well as bedding or soft furnishings, so look in the furniture as well. Finally, Frawley says connections to Mercury indicate it could be near or with "books or knick-knacks." Since Venus is on the cusp of the 12th, the earring could also be near the door of the room indicated by that house (Frawley says "garage" or "junk room;" I might say "closet.")

ETA: Uh oh. I think I need to take a half-step back here regarding the likelihood of finding the earring. Venus is conjunct the Moon's South Node within 3 minutes of arc. In traditional horary, a significator conjunct the South Node was considered unlucky for the outcome. In this case it is past the conjunction (separating), so it's influence may be less pronounced. But I think it would make the finding that much more challenging.