Sharing pictures of my crystal collection~

fina

memries said:
I do not quite understand fina. I can read through both sides of the small oval sample. It does not magnify the words in any way. I can spin it around in which ever direction and still see the print if I use the clear areas. More like looking through a piece of odd shaped thick glass.

I feel like putting one in hot water to see if it melts but don't want to do that.

The medium one I can see the shadow of print through it but it is not highly polished enough. I can see the lines of it being in one direction. Not sure if this was the abrasion or an interior thing. Thanks for the help.

Also I don't feel much from them. Maybe the selenite would be more charged ?
If you can see through more than one side, it is most likely selenite. You should not be able to see even shadows through the other sides of ulexite. To be honest, I've never seen selenite polished round before (I tend to keep my rocks unpolished as the natural crystal habit helps with identification). They are quite beautiful. And selenite (gypsum) will break dissolve in water too, so I don't think that test will get you anywhere.
Sorry I can't be of more help (or am being the opposite of helpful).

memries

I think you helped me a lot as I think your identification of the Ulexite was accurate. I would have had the wrong indentification after all. I will examine them again tomorrow but what happens if I take the clear part and look through lengthwise could I still see something or not ? Sorry to bother you.

fina

memries said:
I think you helped me a lot as I think your identification of the Ulexite was accurate. I would have had the wrong indentification after all. I will examine them again tomorrow but what happens if I take the clear part and look through lengthwise could I still see something or not ? Sorry to bother you.
Imagine the crystal as a 6-sided die. Look through the 1-6 side (1 or 6 on top). Can you see through it? If you can, spin it on that side. Does it change? Then flip it on the 3-4 side. Can you see through it? Place it on the 2-5 side and look. If you can through it on two faces (ie 1-6 AND 3-4; 1-6 AND 2-5;...), then it is not ulexite, which means it is most likely selenite.

Hope this helps. I could get into Miller Indices for more clarification, but I think it would make things more complicated than they need to be...;)

And if you want, I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of the crystal when you flip it on different sides. Gosh, I love rocks!

wumpkie

Hi guys I'm still on holiday in Glastonbury but I just had to share my new crystal purchases with you.

I had been after some phantom quartz pieces for ages and I just so happened to come across some pieces here:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/IMGP0569.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/IMGP0575.jpg

I had also been after a quartz ball for ages but had never had one call out to me and then I found it...and parted with my cash....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/IMGP0568.jpg

I can't wait to started using her and the base was from the singing bowl I purchased.

Enjoy :D

BodhiSeed

Oh my, wumpkie! Those are gorgeous! Just love the crystal ball, and the quartz points look like they have miniature mountain ranges in them. Bet you're grinning like the Cheshire cat over these! :D

Alta

wumpkie! Great finds!! The quartz pieces are just amazing, and that is a decent sized crystal ball too. :thumbsup:

wumpkie

:D :D :D *Big cheesy Grin* :D :D :D

There is soooo many crystals that keep calling me and we are spending the last day of our holiday in town... Luckly I get paid tomorrow...

Watch out here I come......

morticia monroe

Wumpkie, I love the crystals! Especially the sphere, as it looks like the type I'd choose for myself...it seems that in scrying, it would be beneficial to have inclusions rather than a water-clear ball.

Lucky you in Glastonbury. I hear it's a magical place. Can you feel it in the air? Just curious.

wumpkie

morticia monroe said:
Wumpkie, I love the crystals! Especially the sphere, as it looks like the type I'd choose for myself...it seems that in scrying, it would be beneficial to have inclusions rather than a water-clear ball.

Lucky you in Glastonbury. I hear it's a magical place. Can you feel it in the air? Just curious.

I wanted one with inclusions :D I think I read on a thread that it gave you something to concentrate on if you had them.

As for Glastonbury it's fantastic, you can feel all the energy in the air, the people are lovely, there are so many places to visit and feel the energies.
Here are a few places we've been to:

Glastonbury Tor: http:www.glastonburytor.org.uk/mysterytor.html

Chalice Well :http://www.chalicewell.org.uk/chalice-well.html

(If you want to have a peek :D)

And of course there are all the shops where you can go nuts, they cater for everybodies needs...and is where I have spent most of my money :D

morticia monroe

Wow, what a beautiful place. I could pack a lunch and get lost in there for days. And I love yew trees....

Are you taking photos for us? :)

I know what you mean about the shops. Nothing I like better than having my wants and needs catered to. Money be damned.