help me buy a new tarot deck-I'm burned out

linnie

I know that this is a heresy in this forum, but I'll suggest it anyhow: Why not take a break from Tarot?

What he said :) A change is as good as a holiday... But... if you want to keep trying, I find Vision Quest to be a seriously insightful and gentle deck to read with intuitively. I can easily just 'wander' into the artwork, and find myself somewhere, completely absorbed, feeling its story...

Funny how different decks affect people, though. You don't like preachy, but seem to enjoy the Osho Zen deck, and yet I found it so preachy I disposed of mine having never actually worked with it... A decent glance at the book was all it took to irritate me... and yet many people have said they LOVE that deck.. :)

Tansey Ella

will check out the soul cards, they do look interesting.
Oh Osho, I know so many dislike or hate the deck but it makes me smile. The AnnaK feels preachy to me . Funny how decks affect everyone. I swear Osho just puts a smile on my face and I get some excellent readings for myself, sort of like therapy. AnnaK makes me feel like I got smacked with a nun's ruler. I know many like that deck and I do own it, and won't ever sell it b/c one day I may feel differently about it.

Tansey Ella

I believe I own it, most likey packed away. I will check it again. thanks

Mystic Zyl

new deck

I have stopped collecting tarot cards myself back in 2004 with 300 plus decks. I just saw the Pagan Cat deck it looked cool; you might like that.

Tansey Ella

I ordered the Soul cards #1 and if I like them will order Soul cards #2. I also think I will order the Ludy Lescott tarot cards.
I looked at all the cards suggested and many of them were good but if I don't understand what the scene is about, not much chance I can read with it.
I once thought the Deviant Moon was not for me, but it is a great deck and really funny and reads very well. The 78 doors is another odd deck that I like a lot.
Anyway, I am still open to idea. I may order some of the new decks coming out this month.
Some of the ones I checked that are ordered from the author are great. I got the Pen tarot that way and used it just the other day. It is a majors only deck but wonderful.

IzabellaLiszt

The Hudes deck, by Susan Hudes, is very lovely and not "complicated."

Tansey Ella

complicated is not the issue, really. I just need to be able to understand the scene as portrayed and what I might understand others might not. It is very individual. The Deviant Moon put many off but I "got it".
I have the Hudes deck and the colors are nice but it is sort of a boring deck.

lilangel09

How about simplifying with the International Icon Tarot?

I don't think you'd have any trouble reading with it. It's very accessible and doesn't have much noise. I think it's great for many occasions but especially if you're feeling defeated or overwhelmed.

Richard

complicated is not the issue, really. I just need to be able to understand the scene as portrayed and what I might understand others might not. It is very individual. The Deviant Moon put many off but I "got it".
I have the Hudes deck and the colors are nice but it is sort of a boring deck.

This is really astounding, Tansey. You want to understand something in a way in which others may not. You "got" the Deviant Moon, but that is not it.

How on earth can there be a Tarot deck in which you understand the scene but one of the requirements is that others cannot? That just doesn't compute.