help me buy a new tarot deck-I'm burned out

Tansey Ella

I posted on another thread about the book and deck. ( the rainbow bridge oracle) The book does not have a lot of extra info in it, it just describes the cards and meanings. There is a spread at the beginning of the book. The cards are nice but already I bent one. They do not have numbers b/c this is not a tarot deck, even though some cards are tarot type cards. I was not sure what to do with this deck at first and set it aside. I have been working with it a lot lately and the deck reads very well for me. I am just using the usual 10 card spread. I like the cards .
I hope this can be mass produced one day as it was costly to get.

DeToX

Why not try something other than tarot? Other forms of divination or indeed other forms of 'magic' or psychological exercise? You don't have to limit yourself necessarily.

Tansey Ella

I agree, not limiting myself to tarot.

The deck I just received started out to be tarot and ended up being an oracle. ( the rainbow bridge oracle) It has no numbers and the book does not give too much info- but the cards are very inspiring. I swear they are perfect. I'm getting to know the cards. this deck is expensive ( $40 includes 10 shipping) and the book is way to expensive but I got it. I see there is a download pdf. If I were anyone else wanting this deck, just download the pdf. To have the book printed in color with pictures on the front was so high I am embarrassed to post it. I only did this b/c I have wanted this deck since 06. I was thrilled to see it was in print but the cost is outrageous. The book has no extra info in it, just the cards but it gives reversal meanings too. It shows one 13 card spread but with that many cards I get dizzy.
Still I am glad I own it.

Medusa_Bln

Historical?

I love the historical Tarots like Visconti (that's my favourit one...).

Reyan

This doesn't really fit the urban theme you seem to be going for, but have you heard of the Tyldwick? That finally got released a couple months ago. Its a very moody deck, and quite visually appealing in my opinion; also very serious, which I believe you indicated you were looking for. I feel the best single word for it is nostalgic. Perhaps the most unique thing about it is that it features mostly architecture. It has been described as many rooms of a giant house. While this may sound a bit off-putting, let me say that the deck does an excellent job of showing the personality of the places it depicts, and while I initially had my doubts I have found it to be quite readable.

Tansey Ella

Reyan
i will check out the deck you mentioned. The name rainbow bridge oracle does not sound urban or deep, but take a look at the pictures here on AE in the card section.
I also got " tarot of the boroughs" and found it very modern.
thanks for the lead, Tyldwick , I will check out that deck