Question about using "dark" tarot decks

La Force

I have got startlingly accurate and not particularly dark readings from the Savage Tarot. That one is as dark as they come.

Nope not dark enough for me, :D

I had to check it out, too me it more S & M, Dominatrics, Dominant, submissive, sexuality, role play type deck, touched with suicide, murder, drugs, abuse, etc.

My dream dark deck, would be very dark, that it would scare the crap out you darker than all the SAW movies combined with diabolical demonic, pure evil. Then I would be proud to say I own The evilist satanic deck in the world.... Ohhhh that just gave me idea, hehe I make one, haha

ETA: I would then depict GOD as the devil card, total flip side. lol take that with a sense of humor

Tarotwolf

A lot depends on if you see the tarot as a spiritual instrument or as a secular divinatory tool. If the later, then a dark deck is usually considered "thematic" and readers don't attribute "evil" meanings to the dark images depicted on the cards. However, if tarot reading is seen to be a spiritual tool then a dark themed deck can be problematic for those seeking the path of "light/enlightenment". We tend to manifest that which we seek. The assumption here is that everyone seeks the "light"; that's not actually the case for some individuals. Some seek a shadow path to find meaning in life. For these individuals a dark deck provides a tool for this purpose. To each their own path.