GREGORY needs a deck ID !

emmsma

Glad you got it figured out.

Zephyros

Since we're on the subject, I know you catalogue your collection, but how do you cross-reference the list in case you need a deck ID? Say for this one, would you look under "Russian" and see all the relevant decks? What if you have thousands of Russian decks, how much would a list of names tell you? Do you add keywords about their characteristics?

Aeric

Was I the only one who read this title with widened eyes and dropped jaw? *GASP!*

Somewhere, Patrick Stewart spontaneously grew a full head of hair for a second.

gregory

Since we're on the subject, I know you catalogue your collection, but how do you cross-reference the list in case you need a deck ID? Say for this one, would you look under "Russian" and see all the relevant decks? What if you have thousands of Russian decks, how much would a list of names tell you? Do you add keywords about their characteristics?

I have a database (and two backups... I have on occasion had a disaster and as it is a relational one, that plays merry hell... wish I hadn't doe that but I was all gung ho about Access at the time !) and yes, with descriptive details up to a point. Also a catalogue with two cards from each deck printed out that I can then refer to.

Patrick Stewart looks a lot better bald, so I am glad we have this sorted !

Mi-Shell

Can you put the whole thing onto an USB data traveller for when you are over here?
(nice cards, b.t.w. :) )

nisaba

I am away from the Collection !!!!! It has addled my brain rather...

Which is why you need backup copies. Of everything. Mailed to that other address.

truelighth

Was I the only one who read this title with widened eyes and dropped jaw? *GASP!*

Nope, I had the same reaction }) :)

Me too. I was actually vacillating on whether or not to report the thread as something like a very early April Fool's thing. That or a herald to the end of times.

Awww, poor Greggers, we are sure giving you a hard time, aren't we? ;)

gregory

Can you put the whole thing onto an USB data traveller for when you are over here?
(nice cards, b.t.w. :) )

The database - yes; I have it right here. The images in the (printed, 5 volume...!) catalogue - not so easy ! And nothing in my descriptions leapt out saying "It's MEEEE!" (hardly surprising given that I actually don't have it !)

Though I might think about carrying the scanned images on my portable HD another time - then again, why bother; there's always Rodney !

ana luisa

Somewhere, Patrick Stewart spontaneously grew a full head of hair for a second.

No, you were not!!!! I could swear it was a typo :D