Reversed Knight of Cups (work context)?

Midsummereve

Hello all,

I have done a reading for myself about a job I just started, asking my cards what the outcome of my job for the company in question is going to be.

I pulled 3 cards and calculated a quint, which I decided would be the Universe's advice to me here.

The last card in my reading was the reversed Knight of Cups. The Quint was the Emperor.

I see the reversed Knight as a liar, someone that is fickle and cannot be trusted; a contract that has to be carefully reviewed, a warning sign to be careful as everything is not what it seems.

Great card for a new job! :(

The Emperor advises me to be cool, calm and collected, to take charge/ leadership and/or come into my own.

But I'd love input with the reversed Knight of Cups in a professional context.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

headincloud

Someone is lying to you pretty much in the knight C rx and the emperor is just pointing at a new job.

feminine_mystique

The knight of cups represents the miscommunication. The cup or message he is offering is not being offered to you, also the message or some messages aren't being sent properly. I've seen the knight of cups rx come in a relationship where a female was giving the man "signs" but he wasn't receiving them that way turns out the communication wasn't direct and lead to different outcome than expected.. so perhaps there is a miscommunication in the workplace, like they may say to do one thing but you're magically expected to know how to do other things as well that you're not being told.

The emperor is a knowledgeable man of experience. Perhaps this may be the boss or your superior who will be that person who is giving you those directions and you may misinterpret them or vice versa.

Since you said this was the universal advice perhaps you will like mentioned have to be the one to take initiative or have to talk to a superior about what's happening so things could go smoothly and communication could will be flowing again.. that knight needs to be upright. Since this could represent you or another person you will need to keep an eye out of the people you can trust and also to ask help if you don't understand how to do certain things.

Ruby Jewel

Hello all,

I have done a reading for myself about a job I just started, asking my cards what the outcome of my job for the company in question is going to be.

I pulled 3 cards and calculated a quint, which I decided would be the Universe's advice to me here.

The last card in my reading was the reversed Knight of Cups. The Quint was the Emperor.

I see the reversed Knight as a liar, someone that is fickle and cannot be trusted; a contract that has to be carefully reviewed, a warning sign to be careful as everything is not what it seems.

Great card for a new job! :(

The Emperor advises me to be cool, calm and collected, to take charge/ leadership and/or come into my own.

But I'd love input with the reversed Knight of Cups in a professional context.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Upright the Night of Cups is a liar..., fickle, insecure, alcoholic, schizophrenic...and you cannot depend on him. . That does not change the fact that they are also very appealing and charismatic. But if you want to read it as a reversal I would say it is saying to you to forget the dream...same thing....because it doesn't change the nature of the Knight of Cups

feminine_mystique

Upright the Night of Cups is a liar..., fickle, insecure, alcoholic, schizophrenic...and you cannot depend on him. . That does not change the fact that they are also very appealing and charismatic. But if you want to read it as a reversal I would say it is saying to you to forget the dream...same thing....because it doesn't change the nature of the Knight of Cups
Damn really? I would imagine as reversed he would have these kinds of characteristics but upright? Whoa. Would that also be with the surrounding cards?

Have you met a knight like this personally. I'm interested in your court card personalities now.

Ruby Jewel

Damn really? I would imagine as reversed he would have these kinds of characteristics but upright? Whoa. Would that also be with the surrounding cards?

Have you met a knight like this personally. I'm interested in your court card personalities now.

Yes. he was my roommate in NYC for 10 years. We met in 1984...he died in 2011. I watched him go through women like water (I learn quick lol) drink himself into a hopeless alcoholic with schizophrenia...followed me for 27 years from New York to Texas to Santa Fe, to where I am now...just so he could die on my doorstep I guess. I figure he was my soul mate but it was hopeless....saw it in the beginning. This describes him to a "tee".....saw the same thing happen with my Dad...another Pisces. You can find all this in The Thoth book and supplement it with Nancy Shavick "The Tarot."....it is all there for the gleaning. You just have to take it seriously...I have learned to do that...I just put Queen of Wands on another post...I'll see if I can find it. And yes, the Knight is the Kight of Cups.....even with surroundings....they live in a fantasy world...12th house. I fought everybody to keep him out of an institution (that's 12th house). If you want to know what schizophrenia is like look at the movie "A Beautiful Mind." Also, it helps immensely to know astrology.

OK..found it. It is in the Thoth forum under "Thoth Court Card "'Moral Characteristics'"

feminine_mystique

Yes. he was my roommate in NYC for 10 years. We met in 1984...he died in 2011. I watched him go through women like water (I learn quick lol) drink himself into a hopeless alcoholic with schizophrenia...followed me for 27 years just so he could die on my doorstep. I figure he was my soul mate but it was hopeless....saw it in the beginning. This describes him to a "tee".....saw the same thing happen with my Dad...another Pisces. You can find all this in The Thoth book and supplement it with Nancy Shavick "The Tarot."....it is all there for the gleaning. You just have to take it seriously...I have learned to do that...I just put Queen of Wands on another post...I'll see if I can find it. And yes, the Knight is the Kight of Wands.....even with surroundings....they live in a fantasy world...12th house. I fought everybody to keep him out of an institution (that's 12th house). If you want to know what schizophrenia is like look at the movie "A Beautiful Mind."

OK..found it.
Whoa that's hella awesome. So this was all from the book of thoth? I've been interested in getting it but I didn't think I needed to but I guess your my sign that I will now lol.. what did you mean by "And yes, the Knight is the Kight of Wands.....even with surroundings" ??

I like to learn about court cards since they're so mysterious in a way. It's good to have some more in depth characteristics to it as well I'd like to learn more.. the queen of wands reminds me of lagertha from the vikings even down to stubbornness and personality lol.. she is the queen that pops up when i do readings for my partner in regards to me so whenevrr i fo his reading and she comes up I know it's me.. he likes to give me cold readings where he won't tell me what his questions are and I have to somewhat interpret it as is..

Thanks for this. Definitely been an eye opening night.

Ruby Jewel

Whoa that's hella awesome. So this was all from the book of thoth? I've been interested in getting it but I didn't think I needed to but I guess your my sign that I will now lol.. what did you mean by "And yes, the Knight is the Kight of Wands.....even with surroundings" ??

I like to learn about court cards since they're so mysterious in a way. It's good to have some more in depth characteristics to it as well I'd like to learn more.. the queen of wands reminds me of lagertha from the vikings even down to stubbornness and personality lol.. she is the queen that pops up when i do readings for my partner in regards to me so whenevrr i fo his reading and she comes up I know it's me.. he likes to give me cold readings where he won't tell me what his questions are and I have to somewhat interpret it as is..

Thanks for this. Definitely been an eye opening night.

Go back and reread my post I changed it and made the correction...added the link also. Also, you have to get Nancy Shavick...she is beyond awesome...the best, bar none.

Midsummereve

Someone is lying to you pretty much in the knight C rx and the emperor is just pointing at a new job.

Thanks for this! I also see the reversed Knight of Cups as untrustworthy. The shadow card for my reading was the High Priestess, pointing again towards things not being said or secrets being held. I consider myself warned! :(

Thirteen

Knight/Cups can be Gallant and Good!

Unlike Ruby Jewel, I don't see the upright Knight/Cups as fickle, insecure, alcoholic, etc. (quite a horrible list!). ALL tarot cards have positives and negatives. And yes, the Knight/Cups *CAN* be all that...but if you're using reversals, then the whole point is to help you know when to read the card as positive/negative. So, only rx would indicate all those negatives.

Upright would indicate the positives of the card, and whatever bad, personal experience any of us has had with such a Knight/Cups, there are also those of us who've had amazingly GOOD personal experiences with such a person. My Knight/Cups was a noble, spiritual, poetic, every optimistic and hopeful gentleman. And I use that "gentleman" in every sense of the word. And, nope, never a drop of liquor, though he was into fresh juices :D I will agree that he was never able to settle down. Not because he was a cheater, but because he was always on a mission to do good, and never able to stop giving his heart away to another lady. He never lied about the fact that he was a restless soul and unable to commit to anyone. He was incredibly honest, including about himself and his short-comings. A true knight-in-armor.

So. I would argue that there IS an upright Knight/Cups and all those terrible others are the ill-dignified side of him.

But here's the important thing about *this* Knight/Cups rx: court cards don't always stand for people. This is the outcome card, and I would read it as saying that the "romance" of the job for you will be turned upside-down. That, essentially, YOU are the knight/cups, coming into this job on a mission, all faith and optimism like one of Arthur's knights after the grail. And like many of those knights, the hardships you'll face might disillusion you. Turn you very quickly cynical. And, yes, that might involve the ungallant, lying and cheating you might witness or run into.

The universe's advice...talk to the boss (or whoever is in charge). Because that person can give you a realistic perspective and keep you on your horse, moving forward. :)