The world+the tower and I'm confused

Idra

Hello, everyone. Just joined yesterday, this is my first thread. Greetings!
Well, I did a reading on a situation that I'm having now. I'm facing a choice in a relationship. I met this guy a while back, although he is the super busy type we still managed to go out few times. But I have a feeling that he is hiding something and it turns out he is going through a breakup. And these days he is a bit cold towards me so I'm wondering whether if I should give up on him or not. So I asked tarot what would happen if I keep him around and keep texting him, I got the world+ the tower(in this order) both upright, I know what do they mean separately but when they teamed up I am confused, I suppose it means that there will be a big change in the future, since I'm facing a decision. The world for me is such a "happy ever after" card but the tower, truth is I'm afraid of this card, personally I think it indicates destruction. Well, you cant build a new world without destroying the old one. I don't know if the order matters or not...as you can see I'm confused.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Idra!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules. You may list and/or discuss up to HALF of the cards from a reading. You also must provide interpretations for all cards you list. That means that you can't say, "PS. I got these other cards" without interpreting them. Please edit your post to either provide interpretations for those cards (and tell us how many cards were in the reading) or remove mention of them.

Aeclectic is a learning forum, and for that reason we require folks to at least make an attempt to try to interpret the cards they list before others can help them. It's really easy to say, "I don't know! Tell me the answer!", but if you really want to learn how to read tarot cards, the best way to do that is to try.

Other posters, please hold off until Idra has provided interpretations for the cards she's listed.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Idra

Welcome to Aeclectic, Idra!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules. You may list and/or discuss up to HALF of the cards from a reading. You also must provide interpretations for all cards you list. That means that you can't say, "PS. I got these other cards" without interpreting them. Please edit your post to either provide interpretations for those cards (and tell us how many cards were in the reading) or remove mention of them.

Aeclectic is a learning forum, and for that reason we require folks to at least make an attempt to try to interpret the cards they list before others can help them. It's really easy to say, "I don't know! Tell me the answer!", but if you really want to learn how to read tarot cards, the best way to do that is to try.

Other posters, please hold off until Idra has provided interpretations for the cards she's listed.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Thanks for remaining me of the rules that I have to respect. I just made some change of my post and I hope it's OK now. I apologize for violating a rules. Thanks again.

ncharge

Not knowing your current state of being, I don't know if this is an auspicious pairing or not. I see the world as a fully integrated life, joy from everything coming together and working well. Kind of a completion or finally making it in life. The tower either destroys the chance for that level of completion and integration or it brings it about. My gut is saying the first thing. I would look at your life and where you are going and see if that completion is in the works without him - in that case, this relationship destroys that. My gut says this is right because of the way he is acting.

rwcarter

So I asked tarot what would happen if I keep him around and keep texting him, I got the world+ the tower(in this order) both upright
Part of the problem is your question. You asked a two part question, so it's not clear if the cards are answering the first part (keep him around) or the second part (keep texting him). You have to be really careful when using "and" and "or" in questions because you introduce unnecessary confusion.

As you mentioned that they were both upright, can we assume that you do use reversals? The World suggests that something has completed or come to an end. And the Tower isn't as bad as people like to make it out to be - it could just be saying that you'll have an out of the blue (unexpected) realization. Together the two cards could be saying that you'll let the relationship come to its natural end (World) because you realized that it's not the kind of relationship you want (Tower).

It's also possible that the realization could be about something related to what you think you know about his situation. The Tower can point to a false foundation that needs to be torn down so that something better can be built. So the pair could mean that you'll be on top of the world (a quite literal interpretation of the image) because you realized you were wrong about his interest/motivation/desire about you/the relationship.

Rodney

Grizabella

There really are no happily ever afters in life, so I don't see the World as being one. In the Tarot, there are many different kinds of endings, though, so the 10 of any suit is more of an ending the way I read. For an ending of the kind you're speaking of, I'd see the 10 of Cups or Wands, maybe, but it still wouldn't mean happily ever after.

With the Tower card, I think of what the usual RWS image depicts---people being blown out of their nice, cozy tower and losing everything, being thrown down into the mud. If that were to actually come about in real life, what would our feeling be? It would be shock, anger, disappointment, humiliation and fear, right? Any one of those or a combination would be what I'd read the Tower as in this case.
as .

The World is the culmination of something. It's as far as you can go in the Majors. It's an ending of several things and a need to start over. This can be good or bad, depending, but I usually read cards in combinations, so with these two cards, I'd say it's a resounding "Don't maintain contact now. It's over and you might face hurt and humiliation if you continue."

To answer either/or questions, you can do a spread using 3 cards for the first part and 3 for the second part. That's pretty effective. Just name you positions "what if I do this?" and "what if I don't do this?" and then you can usually determine the consequences that are your best to make. :)

Congratulations on your first post! It's the start of an amazing journey of learning with the cards. :) :thumbsup:

Idra

Not knowing your current state of being, I don't know if this is an auspicious pairing or not. I see the world as a fully integrated life, joy from everything coming together and working well. Kind of a completion or finally making it in life. The tower either destroys the chance for that level of completion and integration or it brings it about. My gut is saying the first thing. I would look at your life and where you are going and see if that completion is in the works without him - in that case, this relationship destroys that. My gut says this is right because of the way he is acting.

First of all, thank you for your explanation.
Well, I don't know how to describe my current life status, I'm single, I'm about to finish university this year so million things are going on right now and I have to stay focused. Bit worried about my future too. So not really a "world" situation, however I'm not doing badly either.
I agree with you because I have known this guy for a year now and he doesn't appear to have any intention to be serious with me. But I enjoy talking to him and we like each other's company. Can I take it as the tarot is say that if I keep on seeing him, my little world which function ok without him will start to crumble?

Idra

Together the two cards could be saying that you'll let the relationship come to its natural end (World) because you realized that it's not the kind of relationship you want (Tower).

It's also possible that the realization could be about something related to what you think you know about his situation. The Tower can point to a false foundation that needs to be torn down so that something better can be built. So the pair could mean that you'll be on top of the world (a quite literal interpretation of the image) because you realized you were wrong about his interest/motivation/desire about you/the relationship.

Rodney
Thank you for your kind explanation. It's amazing how you just read my mind. Sorry if I was being ambiguous because he is super busy and we usually text each other every day so if keep texting him would be my way of keep him around.
I started to take a good look at my life as I'm going through a very important and a bit stressful year (last year of uni), I realized he doesn't show any interest in moving this relationship forward and that's not what I want. Like you said I realized we want different things and he is not the answer I'm seeking.
It's truly amazing how did you get all that from cards...take my hat off for you.

Idra

There really are no happily ever afters in life, so I don't see the World as being one. In the Tarot, there are many different kinds of endings, though, so the 10 of any suit is more of an ending the way I read. For an ending of the kind you're speaking of, I'd see the 10 of Cups or Wands, maybe, but it still wouldn't mean happily ever after.

With the Tower card, I think of what the usual RWS image depicts---people being blown out of their nice, cozy tower and losing everything, being thrown down into the mud. If that were to actually come about in real life, what would our feeling be? It would be shock, anger, disappointment, humiliation and fear, right? "Don't maintain contact now. It's over and you might face hurt and humiliation if you continue."

To answer either/or questions, you can do a spread using 3 cards for the first part and 3 for the second part. That's pretty effective. Just name you positions "what if I do this?" and "what if I don't do this?" and then you can usually determine the consequences that are your best to make. :)

Congratulations on your first post! It's the start of an amazing journey of learning with the cards. :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, you didn't just give me a clear answer but also point out a way of reading cards for me, molto gentile! (u are so kind, in Italian, as I have lived in Italy for years)
Great interpretation on this combination... I think it's time to let go and move on. Well, I'll definitely try your method next time, actually this time instead of using 3 cards I used two...on the "if I let go" side, I got the death and the devil rx which I took it as "I would free myself from an unhealthy relationship" I don't know if I'm right or wrong or being too in general.
Thanks again for ur warm welcome and encouragement.

headincloud

Seems to me you need to know where the relationship is heading if you carry on as you are, that way you can decide whether it's worth continuing or not and also see if it's worth pursuing a friendship if not romantic relationship. Celtic Cross or something similar could be used. There's completion of something followed by disruption in the world and tower which could suggest the relationship is coming to a close, you sound discontent and I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled the plug on it but get some insight first.