DruidCraft Study Group: Ace of Cups

KaiMoonshadow

I'm very new to the DruidCraft deck but already adore the artwork and the symbolism :)

I like that the Ace of Cups appears to be set at sunset - the crescent moon is already rising, above the Cup itself. The card shows beautifully lush, fertile greenery around the waterfall which spills out from the large cup in the centre. This, to me, symbolises a wonderfully auspicious beginning for a project or a relationship, which is emphasised by the salmon of wisdom, leaping up the waterfall, giving the card a sense of optimism.

The key words from the book say:
Love, Inspiration, Fruitful Dreaming and Blessing.

Any thoughts?

Free Flight

I love the Ace of Cups. It is really incorporates the essence of emotions and feelings. The cup is overflowing. It is so full of emotion it has not just trickled down the side of the cup it has created a river, I mean it has almost created its own eco sysem

KaiMoonshadow

This is my absolute favourite expression of the Ace of Cups so far... I look at the picture and immediately I know what it is trying to say :)

Arania

Yeah one of the best versions of the card.

Has anyone noticed the salmon swimming upstream behind the chalice? I take this to mean we constantly have to battle our own emotions to reach our goal, yet we couldn't do without them. And we have to constantly struggle to bring our creativity to use.

There is a ruby in the chalice. The ruby is the stone of bliss and confidence, vitality and replenishing energy.

MysticalMoose

Yes one's cup certainly runneth over here! :) What a totally awesome card ~ one of my favourites & the best Ace of Cups I have ever seen. When we drink from the Chalice we receive the gifts & blessings of love & inspiration from the Goddess. "The 5 streams from the cup represent the experience & knowledge we gain from our 5 senses" I love that phrase from the book~ Here Water & Emotions are flowing all over the place ~ jump in & get wet!

Parzival

druidcraft ace of cups

Good thread about a great card, artistically, meditatively, intuitively. The waterfall overflowing the cup suggests unconditional healing and life-giving and inspiring, the celtic cauldron and the grail, in a universal, unlimited way. The scene is at twilight, in the harmony between light and dark. The moon and the fish add to the beauty and symbolic depth. The guidebook describes this as "the gift from the holy grail." Obviously, a healing image of power. I can only imagine the full-sized original painting. I wonder where it is.

WalesWoman

Here's a thought about the salmon and Ace of Cups.... nothing good comes with out having to struggle and fight to reach it, against the raging currents and overcome all manner of obstacles.
The salmon has an internal mandate to fulfill before it can stop it's journey, it must to back to where it was born, to it's beginnings, come full circle to end it's own cycle and begin another. You could almost say it is predestined.

So while the promise of fulfillment is beautiful and inspiring and uplifting... it isn't just being handed to you, effort is still required to reach that state.

Parzival

Druidcraft Ace of Cups

WalesWoman said:
Here's a thought about the salmon and Ace of Cups.... nothing good comes with out having to struggle and fight to reach it, against the raging currents and overcome all manner of obstacles.
The salmon has an internal mandate to fulfill before it can stop it's journey, it must to back to where it was born, to it's beginnings, come full circle to end it's own cycle and begin another. You could almost say it is predestined.

So while the promise of fulfillment is beautiful and inspiring and uplifting... it isn't just being handed to you, effort is still required to reach that state.

Great thought about the salmon -- the beginning is the end, the end the beginning, with struggle between. I hope and trust the life-giving, healing waters of the Cup help us along the way, but you're so right about the obstacles to overcome!

Smudge

The salmon is sacred to the druids. It is a symbol of wisdom.

So maybe there is the idea that one way wisdom may come to you is through your emotions. Kind of like the concept of emotional intelligence.