OSHO Zen Tarot Study Group: XVII Silence....

Indigo Rose

"The silent mirrorlike receptiveness of a star-filled night with a full moon is reflected in the misty lake below. The face in the sky is deep in meditation, a goddess of the night who brings depth, peace, and understanding."Osho Zen Tarot, by Osho

In a noisy modern world, this card appears like a breath of air. We all need quiet time to meditate and shut out all that noise; to find our center.
Peace and inner rest is found here.

:heart:

Judith D

The silent moon glowing from the third eye reflects its radiance into the still waters of quietened emotion. Very much 'as above, so below' with the deep sky full of stars and the deep lake of our selves. This is the soundless, boundless joy of deep meditation, bringing peace.
This is a beautiful card - just looking at it immediately quietens your mind.
We need silence within in order to hear others.
We also need silence within to hear our selves.
The answers to all our questions are there, if we will be quiet and listen.

squeakmo9

As many of us do, I know what it feels like to unwillingly jump from a Tower. So appropriate how this follows the Thunderbolt, because the fatigue, at times is palpable. There is a need to rest on a very deep level, emotionally, and spiritually, even if rest is the last thing you want.
The Tower/Thunderbold shakes you up good and hard, enough to cause resistance to crumble, calling forth the true self to emerge. The quiet is healing, as is the rest. It is only after the jump that one realizes why it all happened, if just in partial detail...but enough to welcome the silence of understanding.

Master_Margarita

Card XVII is a very nice place to come after Card XVI.

I can't help but feel, given the prominence of the moon on the card, that this card was intended to combine The Star (RWS card XVII) and The Moon (RWS XVIII). If so, that seems excessively programmatic to me. "Oh, all those nighttime bodies of light? Let's roll them all together!"

It does convey a wonderful sense of peace.

Sanctum_Priest

I feel these words from the book are worth repeating:

"[Silence] might make some people uncomfortable...seek out those who can resonate with your silence or enjoy your aloneness...Time changes, the world goes on changing, but the experience of silence, the joy of it, remains the same."