you know you're obsessed when...

HearthCricket

You know you are obsessed when you start talking "Tarot Lingo". Like when you are getting ready to take a nap and tell your husband you are having a 4 of Swords moment, or when he starts talking budget you tell him he is getting a bit too 4 of Pentaclesey and we need some Sun time to get away from it all!

nisaba

HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you want an enabling thread, not a de-enabling thread!
<promptly and joyfully> DONE!

Rev_Vesta

Guess what I did today............
walked into a store and all I could think about each box i saw which deck which go in each box....there were so many different coloured boxes purple, pink, blue, gold, green and Buddha and silver..... different sizes........different patterns.......

all i could say was oohhh this would be perfect for that tarot deck... or that one.......yes he looked at me sideways..........lol

firefrost

Le Fanu said:
You know you're obsessed when as soon as you log onto AT, your first stop is the Trading forum...

...And that's months after you've decided you already own the tarot loves of your life and you're happy with your lot...!

Dusk Till Dawn

When your 6 year old Daughter wakes you up on a Saturday morning to tell you that the Mail Man is coming...
When your Mail Man Switched Mail Routes, because he got tired you stalking him...and delivering all those packages.

rhombchick

Mail on a saturday??
*swoons*

I only get mail here 3 times a week (it used to be only twice a week), and they only started delivering packages very recently. Before that I had to drive into town to pick up any packages... town being 40km trip...

They still only deliver packages that are up to say the size of one deck. Anything more than one deck and I have to go for a drive....

Baroli

This reminds me of the comedian that does "You may be a redneck,..." routine. Love it!

Let's see,...

You may be obsessed when you take a good look at your collection and realize:

"Oh oh, I really do have more decks than the Tarot Garden!" (Not me folks, not even close!! Gregory however,.... :laugh:)

You know you are obsessed when you are driving down the road and everything you see becomes a great idea for a Tarot card.
(This happened to me when I was commuting to work and saw 3 cranes that were putting up a bridge and immediately thought 3 of Wands).

morticia monroe

The real moment of clarity regarding MY tarot obsession was when I caught myself waiting for the mailman in order to get to the box before my sweetie did,,, I took the package and covered it up with some other mail,, walked right by my sweetie wearing my poker face and ran straight to the bathroom where I stood over the sink and opened and inspected my new deck.

Then I found myself sneaking out to the large outside trash cans in order to get rid of the I-just-bought-another-deck evidence,,,,,,,,,,then I sat there and worked with my new deck, acting like it was one I'd had all along.

Yep it's bad. I've been smuggling decks into my collection for over a year now.

rhombchick

HAHAAAH!!!
Yep MM.. been there, done that.... made some lame excuse to go into town... picked up my BIG box of newly arrived decks... had a massive play with them in the car.. then came home and left them in the car until the moonless cover of nightfall could hide my stealthy figure as I crept into the house, new decks in tow....

Once they're in, they're easy to disguise as something that has always been there.... it's just the getting them into the house undetected that's the challenge.

I am so glad I'm not the only one that's smuggled decks into the house!!!

morticia monroe

rhombchick said:
... had a massive play with them in the car.. then came home and left them in the car until the moonless cover of nightfall could hide my stealthy figure as I crept into the house, new decks in tow....

ROFL....oh lord YES!! We are bad, bad, girls.

And how many of you order your decks to correspond delivery with a day your sweetie will not be home? ("Let's see...he's going offshore on THURSDAY,,so if I order from TG on TUESDAY, that should be perfect!")