TGC The Game Crafter and Shipping costs

lemurkat

Thanks for this - when I order mine I might get it sent to a US address and have them send it on to me. I am planning my deck through the Game Crafter but had not even taken postage into consideration.

I figure, if I order two decks and let them keep one of 'em, then it should be easy to find a volunteer. I wonder if the postage rate increases dramatically with every pack ordered. I imagine I"ll be buying in bulk-ish once I've made sure they're printed correctly.

gregory

I just received yet another, listed as with tarot tuckbox and NO GAME BOX - and it showed up in - the game box ANYWAY - and a huge mailing box (I always use a US mole now...)

magpie9

I'm in the US and recently ordered a deck from them. They sent it in a tuckbox in a small priority box....but didn't tape the box shut. It arrived entirely open on one end, with the only thing holding toe deck inside a wad of paper it was rolled it. I'm amazed that it got to me. I complained to them, but don't expect any answer. It's disgraceful, they charge high for shipping and can't even tape a box shut.

HudsonGray

They're 60 miles from me, just 10 miles from a friend. I'd emailed Gamecrafter asking if I could order and then pick up at their facility. They said they were not geared up to have walk-ins.

Sad really. They give us a good option at getting a deck made, then drop the ball SO badly on shipping, which should be a no-brainer. It is not difficult to ship in a smaller box. You can get those in bulk at far lower cost than the size they prefer.

ekb

They're 60 miles from me, just 10 miles from a friend. I'd emailed Gamecrafter asking if I could order and then pick up at their facility. They said they were not geared up to have walk-ins.

They [em]do[/em] have a will-call for in-person pickups. Same with shipping options - there's USPS 1st and Priority which are far more affordable than most other courier services in the US. However, I agree that there's no good international shipping system through them.

My personal solution has been far more virtual: I assemble cards onto an A4 stitch that they can take to ye olde copy shoppe and print off onto 250+gsm stock and trim themselves. Far cheaper and much more immediate with similar results to TGC's older print mechanism.

Much of this has been addressed on TGC's forums, with more recent information appearing there first.

gregory

Even within the US (I get mine from there shipped to a mate, who unpacks them and ships them in SENSIBLE flat rate boxes) you are still stuck with these VAST shipping boxes - not just the 12 inch square game boxes, but the 24 inch long 12 inch wide and 3 inch deep brown packing boxes.... Ups the postage something shocking.

ekb

Even within the US (I get mine from there shipped to a mate, who unpacks them and ships them in SENSIBLE flat rate boxes) you are still stuck with these VAST shipping boxes - not just the 12 inch square game boxes, but the 24 inch long 12 inch wide and 3 inch deep brown packing boxes.... Ups the postage something shocking.
Not for some time, according to Tavis & JT - they've been using the flat-rate boxes padded with kraft paper & shredded corrugated since March. Mostly on the suggestions of users via their forums.

gregory

I have received two decks since then in the huge ones - one to Canada in May and one mailed to the US in a box 4x12x16 inches (I specifically asked my mole...) in August. Sorry.

Maybe they are using the LARGE flat rate boxes now ? The small ones would be ideal. And flat COST too.

Winterchild

GC Boxes

The only order I have ever had from them came to NZ in a white box about 9 inches square and 2 inches high. That was for two normal size decks. It cost 24 USD which is expensive. I find USPS First Class mail to NZ is the fastest and cheapest.

gregory

The only order I have ever had from them came to NZ in a white box about 9 inches square and 2 inches high. That was for two normal size decks. It cost 24 USD which is expensive. I find USPS First Class mail to NZ is the fastest and cheapest.

Wow - how long ago was that and how can I get them to do that with mine FOR SURE ? (US mail is expensive these days, I know. But a flat rate box should be $16.95 to anywhere...)