Genuine care?

velvet moon

I have a rather enigmatic friend who sometimes shows care etc but is reserved and well -- a little rough around the edges which sometimes causes them to say mildly insensitive things. Once in a while I get a little clouded by their contradictory signals so I asked the cards whether this person truly has genuine care and affection for me.

Ace of stones, queen of cups and the Hierophant:

So Ace of stones is generally a sign of groundedness and reliability but when I look at my card it makes me think of Bob Dylans 'Rolling stone' song ha ha. Of course with the haindl deck there's so much to see - the ominous black raven representing odin is often a way to tell me 'whateve or whoever this is, it's fated'

Queen of cups is nice. Emotion and warmth I think she's quite caring , even motherly, second only to the empress.

Hierophant I think in this case shows a sense of values and commitment - my friend could be more conventional than they let on.

Is there a negative here I'm overlooking ? It seems nice to me.. Would love input though.

velvet moon

Ooops!

I could swear I posted this in the 'My readings' section :/

moonriver.

The ace of stones to me represents that, yes your inkling is not unfounded. It's definitely there--it's grounded in something other than your imagination. However, the queen of cups seems to suggest that this person's feelings are likely stemming from their subconscious. The hierophant seems to suggest that on the surface, the person sees you in some type of conventional role whether it's a friend, a coworker, a classmate, etc. Whatever relationship it is, "it's just that" and that's how they see it, nothing more.

Overall I get the feeling that this person cares for you, but on a subconscious level. They aren't likely to be consciously aware of their feelings, but they are there.

TripleMoon

Hi there. You did not state whether or not you read or use reversals, and I mostly agree with what you and others have said so far. The only thing I wanted to point out is that the queen of cups, like all people, does have some negative aspects.

Is this friend of yours manipulative in some way maybe? That is one of the negative aspects that immediately sprang to mind. And just because someone is manipulating you or trying to does not mean that they don't care. Some people that have trouble expressing their emotions are manipulative and dint even realize it. Just thought Id throw that in there though to give you another approach. Best of luck hun

velvet moon

The ace of stones to me represents that, yes your inkling is not unfounded. It's definitely there--it's grounded in something other than your imagination. However, the queen of cups seems to suggest that this person's feelings are likely stemming from their subconscious. The hierophant seems to suggest that on the surface, the person sees you in some type of conventional role whether it's a friend, a coworker, a classmate, etc. Whatever relationship it is, "it's just that" and that's how they see it, nothing more.

Overall I get the feeling that this person cares for you, but on a subconscious level. They aren't likely to be consciously aware of their feelings, but they are there.

Hmm, interesting - I was infact asking only based on friendship not romantic.. I just get confused because we are casual friends but there was definately some connection and warmth in the past then x seemed indifferent and more recently when *I* just naturually became indifferent myself this person seems to be trying to get my attention and seems a bit flustered and nervous around me . Bit odd. But your wording is interesting 'cause I often feel exactly that. 'We really connect when we talk - I wonder if X values that or takes it for granted?'

velvet moon

Hi there. You did not state whether or not you read or use reversals, and I mostly agree with what you and others have said so far. The only thing I wanted to point out is that the queen of cups, like all people, does have some negative aspects.

Is this friend of yours manipulative in some way maybe? That is one of the negative aspects that immediately sprang to mind. And just because someone is manipulating you or trying to does not mean that they don't care. Some people that have trouble expressing their emotions are manipulative and dint even realize it. Just thought Id throw that in there though to give you another approach. Best of luck hun

I don't read reversals in simple three card spreads but in any case they were all upright.

Regarding manipulativeness -- you coulllld say that? I get the feelinb they think they are slyer and more enigmatic tyan they in truth are (at least to me) I suppose manipulative is too strong a word but definitely more a taker than a giver though not untirely ungiving or lazy at all.